Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > files deleted on Mac, restore from iphone?

files deleted on Mac, restore from iphone?
chasg
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 11, 2011, 08:22 AM

Hi All,

I'm relaying this request for help for a friend. She's accidentally deleted some movie files from iTunes on her computer, but she still has them on her iPhone (which she hasn't sync'ed yet, knowing that the phone's copies would normally be erased to match the computer).

She'd like to restore them from the iPhone to the computer, can this be done?

Many thanks in advance for any help,

Chas

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Oct 11, 2011, 08:41 AM

Yes, it can be done with various utilities. I'm trying to find which one I used with good results, but I'm sure you can search around and find a decent one.

Edit: I found the utility I used. It's by Macroplant (the most notable software maker of its kind). I was very impressed when I had to use it and registered immediately.
( Last edited by Big Mac; Oct 11, 2011 at 09:01 AM. )

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

chasg  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 11, 2011, 08:51 AM

Thanks for that, much appreciated.

I found a few out there (before I posted), but none really seemed to do what she needs (she's quite Mac-savvy, but she's never had to deal with this issue before).

If you do find that one utility that did it for you, I'd very much appreciate a pointer.

Cheers!

Chas

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Oct 11, 2011, 09:04 AM

Yeah, as far as I'm concerned Macroplant software is the way to go for that kind of need.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Oct 11, 2011, 09:28 AM

Can you email iMovie files?
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

chasg  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 11, 2011, 12:00 PM

Thanks Big Mac, I've forwarded her to the Macroplant website (software looks good).

@Waragainstsleep, I'm afraid I don't know.

Cheers!

Chas

Forum Links
Forum Rules