Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > In the wake of Obama's Election

In the wake of Obama's Election
PaperNotes
Nov 6, 2008, 06:17 AM

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-7Sou5TQUZA

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008...kremlin-russia

http://www.istockanalyst.com/article...d_2772303.html

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jVZ4Lkm6JQw

Bezmenov said it all in 1984, nobody listened because the Leftists and useful idiots in the mainstream media wouldn't give him the time of day. They were scared of "offending" Russia.

Watch for all the American crazies to come out of from under their rocks now. American-Marxists, Black Panthers, all of the nutters battling for attention because they'll think the White House supports them. And then their opposing nutters like the Aryan Nations and KKK will go nuts too, lol.
( Last edited by PaperNotes; Jan 9, 2018 at 06:18 AM. )

subego
Clinically Insane
Nov 6, 2008, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by PaperNotes View Post

If he's as smart as he seems to be, He'll put a fair amount of stock in what Condi has to say about this.

PaperNotes  (op)
Nov 6, 2008, 01:43 PM

Nah, like Bezmenov said: the US would get a benevolent dictator backed by US Marxists who were radicals during the 60s-70s, who would promise great change, who would use a Beloved Big Brother Government to put its hand over the American people and then would go to Moscow to kiss the asses of those in the Kremlin.
( Last edited by PaperNotes; Jan 9, 2018 at 06:17 AM. )

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 6, 2008, 04:49 PM

They're talking about taking over out 401(k)s and IRAs again.
45/47

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Nov 6, 2008, 05:08 PM

Dictator... Marxists... Radicals... Red scare... Not bad! Touches on 4 things in my retired GML. If it were still being maintained I'd add that big brother thing to bump it up to 78 assertions!

Your arguments really, badly, desperately need some focus.

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Nov 6, 2008, 07:25 PM

ONE guy out of possibly thousands had a communist flag. ONE person at one of Palin's rallies yelled "Kill him!" (in reference to Obama). Do you think these single individuals represent the majority of Obama and Palin supporters, respectively?

There is NO WAY to know whether or not this is reaction to Obama being elected or not. Who knows, same thing might have happened if McCain was elected.

Same as above.

Russia links the deployment of these missiles to the U.S. plans to deploy missile defense systems in Poland
What exactly did Obama have to do with the U.S. plans to deploy missile defense systems in Poland? Seems to me that falls on your guy, George W. Bush.

Watch for all the American crazies to come out of from under their rocks now. American-Marxists, Black Panthers, all of the nutters battling for attention because they'll think the White House supports them. And then their opposing nutters like the Aryan Nations and KKK will go nuts too, lol.
Coo coo, coo coo.

ironknee
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 6, 2008, 07:28 PM

you guys lost. get over it

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 6, 2008, 08:07 PM

This is gonna be a fun 4-8 years.

I stubbed my toe this morning... why did Obama allow that to happen? I thought he was gonna make things better?

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 6, 2008, 08:31 PM

Good thing Putin's not rearing his head over the nation of Africa!

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Nov 6, 2008, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by ironknee View Post
you guys lost. get over it
You know, we said that in 2004. The Left didn't "get over it", so I doubt the Right will either.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

subego
Clinically Insane
Nov 6, 2008, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Shaddim View Post
You know, we said that in 2004. The Left didn't "get over it", so I doubt the Right will either.

I'm not sure whether you intend this as a condemnation, which if it is, it's weak, or as a justification, which if it is, would be even weaker.

Of course, it could be just an observation, but I note you decided to include yourself within it.

stumblinmike
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 6, 2008, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
I'm not sure whether you intend this as a condemnation, which if it is, it's weak, or as a justification, which if it is, would be even weaker.

Of course, it could be just an observation, but I note you decided to include yourself within it.
Shad- You have been served!

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Nov 6, 2008, 09:35 PM

Just making an observation about human nature. Get over it.

Shad- You have been served!
/yawn

Really? I thought he was just whining at me again.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

stumblinmike
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 6, 2008, 09:42 PM

hehehehehe! You are tired and angry. Get some rest, you'll feel so much better! Embrace the glorious new United States of America!

subego
Clinically Insane
Nov 6, 2008, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Shaddim View Post
Just making an observation about human nature.

The people here who aren't human will no doubt appreciate the clarification, but it never hurts to double check.

Shaddim says people are dicks. Did you all get that?

Gee-Man
Senior User
Nov 6, 2008, 11:34 PM

Nah, like Bezmenov said: the US would get a benevolent dictator backed by US Marxists who were radicals during the 60s-70s, who would promise great change, who would use a Beloved Big Brother Government to put its hand over the American people and then would go to Moscow to kiss the asses of those in the Kremlin.
Dude, seriously. You do realize that the USSR doesn't exist any more, right? What's with all the red-baiting commie-pinko frenzy? You sound like you're posting on a BBS hosted in 1987...

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Nov 7, 2008, 02:39 AM

Shaddim says people are dicks. Did you all get that?
Just the ones who troll the PL.
- Thomas Paine

subego
Clinically Insane
Nov 7, 2008, 04:07 AM

You betcha!

PaperNotes  (op)
Nov 7, 2008, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by Gee-Man View Post
Dude, seriously. You do realize that the USSR doesn't exist any more, right? What's with all the red-baiting commie-pinko frenzy? You sound like you're posting on a BBS hosted in 1987...
LOL.

You know nothing of Mother Russia, Comrade, if this is what you think.

You have no awareness of what Russia has been doing. Investigative journalists murdered, ex-KGB agents poisoned in foreign cities, a democratically elected leader in Ukraine poisoned, missiles placed along the border of the EU, an Islamist monster receiving direct support in Chechnya, countries being forced to pay exorbitant prices for Russian gas or face economic collapse, the Russian constitution being changed to allow the leaders to stay in power longer. The list goes on.
( Last edited by PaperNotes; Jan 9, 2018 at 06:16 AM. )

Gee-Man
Senior User
Nov 7, 2008, 01:06 PM

LOL.

You know nothing of Mother Russia, Comrade, if this is what you think.

You have no awareness of what Russia has been doing. Investigative journalists murdered, ex-KGB agents poisoned in foreign cities, a democratically elected leader in Ukraine poisoned, missiles placed along the border of the EU, an Islamist monster receiving direct support in Chechnya, countries being forced to pay exorbitant prices for Russian gas or face economic collapse, the Russian constitution being changed to allow the leaders to stay in power longer. The list goes on.
Russia. Not the USSR. Russia.

Otherwise, can't say much about your list. Although I should remind you to keep fresh water stocked in your bunker, and check the canned food for dents. You know, botulism and all. Be safe.

Forum Links
Forum Rules