Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > For Anyone Going to an iPod Launch Party, PLEASE READ!

For Anyone Going to an iPod Launch Party, PLEASE READ!
AssassyN
Professional Poster
May 2, 2003, 02:23 PM

I'm sorry for posting this also in Peripherals, but a lot of you guys who browse this forum know me better, so here's the post:

To anyone going to their local Apple Store tonight between 6-10pm, if you can snag an extra launch t-shirt/poster, I'd be willing to pay extra & pay for shipping to get my hands on one. I'm tied up tonight and just can't make it, but I'll pay extra to get a shirt, and I'm not partial to which store it comes from. Please post if you think it's possible, I have feedback on eBay if you wanna see, and a verified PayPal account to send the funds ASAP. Thanks guys!
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

wanderlust
Forum Regular
May 2, 2003, 02:32 PM

Hi AssassyN,

If someone you don't know better comes by and comes to your aid, I'd be happy to pick a t and a poster up for you. I'll be going to the Baystreet location this eve. Just let me know your shirt size and you can pm me your address or whatever. Paypal is fine.

Cheers

AssassyN  (op)
Professional Poster
May 2, 2003, 02:35 PM

Wow! Superb! I'm PM'ing you now!

BTW: To anyone interested, I'd really appreiciate the ability to send digital pictures of the actual shirt/poster to me as proof before I send payment.
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

djjava
Senior User
May 2, 2003, 03:15 PM

thanks for reminding me, I almost forgot.... I'll also attempt to get another one... I guess anyone who can get 2+, go for it...

talking bout my generation.
http://www.pardonmyenglish.com "Spreading the Conservative Word...In English Only."
RevA PB17 with Panther, Lacie d2 160gb, 4G iPod, Vectorworks 10.5

AssassyN  (op)
Professional Poster
May 2, 2003, 03:18 PM

Originally posted by djjava:
thanks for reminding me, I almost forgot.... I'll also attempt to get another one... I guess anyone who can get 2+, go for it...

talking bout my generation.
Welp, wanderlust has agreed to pick me up a shirt & poster from tonight's event, so I'm all set, but for any other's out there, I'm sure if you can get a few extras that people in the Marketplace forum and possibly eBay (and certainly online places like www.redlightrunner.com) will give you some cash for the limited edition shirts/posters.

Thanks again, and enjoy the event tonight if you're lucky enough to get to go!
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

djjava
Senior User
May 2, 2003, 07:20 PM

http://www.pardonmyenglish.com "Spreading the Conservative Word...In English Only."

quadgrande
Dedicated MacNNer
May 2, 2003, 09:20 PM

I went to the one at Soho store. The line stretched around the block, so I went to eat dinner, came back, and still waited an hour to get in!

It was pretty cool, but the coolest part is I walked out with a new 17"!!!!

They gave me some shirts with the purchase, so I'll send you one for free if you want.

iXavier
Dedicated MacNNer
May 2, 2003, 09:34 PM

I went to the launch at the King of Prussia, PA store and it was pretty cool.

I now have an iPod poster and an iPod shirt, but no new iPod--I have to figure out a way to get rid of my current 5GB before being able to get a new one.

The launch was pretty cool, we were waiting from around 5:30 and we were about the 50th people in line there. All in all, I say kudos to Apple for the hype and for the awesome new product.

X.

AssassyN  (op)
Professional Poster
May 2, 2003, 10:47 PM

Wow, those pics of the event look AWESOME!!!

Man I wish I could've gone...I still haven't heard back from wanderlust just yet, I'm assuming he just hasn't got back from the festivities.

But the shirt from the event looks incredible, much cooler than I even imagined. And although I'm still sticking to my promise to purchase from wanderlust, "quadgrande", do you have any shirts from tonight in Small or Medium? Are they all event shirts of the same kind or do they have different designs? I'd gladly pay you by PayPal for ground shipping + a tip for the service if you had any shirts in Small or Medium you'd be willing to mail me, so just let me know! Thanks!
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

quadgrande
Dedicated MacNNer
May 2, 2003, 11:29 PM

I have 1 large and 3 xl. I bought 2 of them, and then when I settled up for my laptop, they gave me 2 more. I could send you the large at no cost, don't worry about shipping, one mac user to another and all that. Especially since you're a fellow 17 user

AssassyN  (op)
Professional Poster
May 2, 2003, 11:37 PM

Originally posted by quadgrande:
I have 1 large and 3 xl. I bought 2 of them, and then when I settled up for my laptop, they gave me 2 more. I could send you the large at no cost, don't worry about shipping, one mac user to another and all that. Especially since you're a fellow 17 user
PM'ing you now man.
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

djjava
Senior User
May 3, 2003, 10:58 AM

Originally posted by AssassyN:
Wow, those pics of the event look AWESOME!!!
i was flabbergasted by the setup... i tried to picture how they would "spin" music with the ipods, but after seeing it, i too was blown away..

i REALLY want a 30gig iPod... but i simply can't afford it... especially since I rarely ahve to the time/reason to listen to music on the go...

it's one of those thing that if I could readily afford... maybe.. but after purchasing the beautiful PB17... many purchases are put on hold..

all those lucky enough to be able to afford the iPods... enjoy them! I'm quite jealous.

AssassyN  (op)
Professional Poster
May 3, 2003, 02:09 PM

I hear ya man...just judging by the pictures, it looks like they had that place setup looking sweet!

I too, desire a 30gig iPod, lol, and I just got a G2 10gig iPod, but that'll certainly do for me...I love the new ones, but I love the old ones, so I can't justify selling my old one to get a new one...I'll just hafta wait until I can afford to own both!
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

SafariX
Mac Elite
May 4, 2003, 02:11 AM

quadgrande, check your PM's

macndave
Forum Regular
May 5, 2003, 07:22 PM

Originally posted by djjava:
Although I couldn't buy an iPod, here are the photos from the launch event...

http://bacweb.the-bac.edu/~aaron.margolis/djsetup1.jpg
http://bacweb.the-bac.edu/~aaron.margolis/djsetup2.jpg
http://bacweb.the-bac.edu/~aaron.margolis/djsetup3.jpg
enjoy...
Hi Dijava,
Thank you very much for posting the DJ set up pictures. I really wanted to go to the iPod Launch Party just to see the DJ set up, but had to go out of town. Do you recall what/which mixer the DJ was using? It looks like a Stanton from the pictures. How well did the mix sound. I had thought of investing in Final Scratch, but then thought about mixing from my PowerBook and my 5 gig iPod, which I hope to update to a larger capacity model at some point. I would love to hear more of your impressions of the DJ setup. You can email me offline if you like.

1.5Ghz AlBook G4 + 20" Cinema Display
Cable Modem via Airport Express
iSight Enabled @ dmwilsonh

MaxPower2k3
Mac Elite
May 5, 2003, 08:37 PM

i thought the DJ was horrible. He was using the speaker system that you could win through the raffle (which i believe had a Stanton mixer) but he had it turned up way too loud for the speakers so they were buzzing and deafeningly loud. also, some of the tracks he was mixing just didnt go together well. oh well.. the rest of the event was good.

Forum Links
Forum Rules