Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Panther & iTunes 4.

Panther & iTunes 4.
2kmy477
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 26, 2003, 10:30 AM

I have a problem since i installed Panther to my Rev b. 17" powerbook(fresh install),every
time when i finish downloading a mp3 song in Safari,iTunes will run and play that song automatically,it's very annoying to me since i download quite a few MP3's,i digged through
the iTunes preferences and can't find any option to disable this feature,does anyone know how ?thanks.

Cincojoe
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 26, 2003, 10:38 AM

Look again, its there..under the "store" tab.
Power Mac 2.0 with 4GB RAM

Krypton
Mac Elite
Oct 26, 2003, 10:38 AM

Safari -> Preferences -> General -> Open safe files

Cincojoe
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 26, 2003, 10:45 AM

Maybe I should have read your post...
Power Mac 2.0 with 4GB RAM

2kmy477  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 26, 2003, 11:04 AM

Thanks for the replies,but it's still doesn't work,i already have disabled the "play songs after download" in the iTunes Store tab.In Safari,i have the "open safe files" unchecked,it does the trick,but then i have to manualy to double click the newly downloaded MP3 song(it's a zip file)to unzip it,it's quite unconvenien,what i really want is after i downloaded the song,Safari will unzip the song and itunes does not run automatically after Safari unzipped it,thanks for your help.

Krypton
Mac Elite
Oct 26, 2003, 11:18 AM

Originally posted by 2kmy477:
Thanks for the replies,but it's still doesn't work,i already have disabled the "play songs after download" in the iTunes Store tab.In Safari,i have the "open safe files" unchecked,it does the trick,but then i have to manualy to double click the newly downloaded MP3 song(it's a zip file)to unzip it,it's quite unconvenien,what i really want is after i downloaded the song,Safari will unzip the song and itunes does not run automatically after Safari unzipped it,thanks for your help.
Well had you gone into that detail, I could have suggested that you look at Stuffit's preferences - which stops it opening uncompressed files.

slapdash76
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 26, 2003, 03:13 PM

^^ Isn't there a setting somewhere in Stuffit to prevent it from continuing to expand where possible (post process)? For instance if you download a zip file it will unzip it and then not do anything with the contents? I think by default it continues to expand where possible.

Forum Links
Forum Rules