Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Nano Armband with Nike+ Recommendations

Nano Armband with Nike+ Recommendations
massey
Forum Regular
Sep 6, 2006, 02:05 AM

I like my iPod Nike+ combo but I've been using the nike armband and it's a bit cumbersome to read the screen. Anyone have any recommendations for other armband for the nano and nike+?

Thanks

awcopus
Mac Elite
Oct 26, 2006, 10:46 PM

I bought this at the apple store:
XtremeMac iPod Cases: SportWrap™ for iPod nano

and cut a short slit (its thick fabric) at the bottom enough for the receiver to go through without falling out. I love it and it works for me. I know Marware has an armband version for the nike+ out right now, as well.
Liberty lover since birth. Mac devotee since 1986.

Steve
Moderator Emeritus
Oct 27, 2006, 01:00 AM

I purchased the Marware Sport Suit Relay armband when it was released, and have been using it for about 2 weeks. I'd definitely recommend it. I previously used the Nike armband and did not like it at all. The Marware is comfortable, light, protects the iPod, and allows me to use it on my wrist or bicep. The velcro is secure and I am not too worried about it falling out. The addition of the Nike+ transmitter pouch is a plus, since I do not use Nike shoes to run with.

The only issue I have had with it is the plastic "fogging" up when I am on a longer run. I don't know if this is caused by outside moisture getting into the pouch area, or because of the heat from my arm. But, it doesn't affect the usability of the armband at all.

You remind me my wife… why you laugh? She dead. | sasper at gmail dot com

Forum Links
Forum Rules