Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > startup time ??

startup time ??
vice
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 14, 2006, 03:27 AM

hi everyone, this is my first post here

i've recently bought the new Macbook Pro c2d 2.33 about 2-3 weeks ago. i'm not sure if my concern is actually a real problem or not but i just wanna make sure. whenever i turn my MBP on there's a "30sec light blue screen" before the apple sign shows up with the spinning wheel. is this normal or not coz i think 30s is quite a long time. i cant recall if it was like this since i the first day i bought it or not. can anyone help ??

thank you

solofx7
Mac Elite
Dec 14, 2006, 08:51 AM

i am not sure because i normally do not turm my mac off...
i will look into this.
one thing is that i have alot of start up programs.

rmunde
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 14, 2006, 12:04 PM

The first time I booted (and often after I install new software) my MBP takes about 30 secs to boot. Normally, it takes about 20 seconds or less to boot.

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Dec 14, 2006, 12:10 PM

Usually, the thing you see before the grey Apple startup screen is black because the display hasn't turned on yet. i haven't seen a light blue screen, so it may be something to look into, yet if everything is working fine you probably don't have a problem.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

MrN79
Forum Regular
Dec 14, 2006, 09:22 PM

I always turn my computer off before i go to sleep (who cares why, it's just a personal preference).

When i start it up, it goes to a grey screen, sometimes blue screen, then goes to the OSX screen with my password input. It's usually about 20-30secs, and everything works fine.

I wouldn't be concerned with it.
13" MB, 2.0, 80HD, Glossy
15" PB 1.5, 100HD, Matte
15" MBP C2D, 2.33, 160HD, Glossy

Forum Links
Forum Rules