Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > An astounding 24% of people still approve of Bush's performance!

An astounding 24% of people still approve of Bush's performance!
peeb
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 19, 2007, 12:49 PM

The Swamp: Bush's approval at new low in Reuters: 24 percent

And amazingly, 44% of people either think the country is on the right track, or don't know. What is going on?

Peter
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 19, 2007, 12:53 PM

how is this not political?
moving.
we don't have time to stop for gas

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Oct 19, 2007, 12:56 PM

I can believe a quarter of people aren't capable of admitting they're wrong. I bet a significant number of people are still supporting Hillary for president as well.

I can also believe 44% of people don't know what the ****'s going on.

Additionally, I can also believe you meant to post this in the PL.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

osiris
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 19, 2007, 12:58 PM

What's sadder is that congress has about the same approval rating.
"Faster, faster! 'Till the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - HST

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Oct 19, 2007, 01:05 PM

It's absolutely right. Our government is filled with a bunch of overgrown children totally unprepared for the real world.
Chuck
___

peeb  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 19, 2007, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Peter View Post
how is this not political?
moving.
Sorry! Wrong forum!

chabig
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 19, 2007, 01:24 PM

Probably the same number of frigtards thought Clinton shouldn't have been impeached.

osiris
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 19, 2007, 01:40 PM

you guys are slipping: 7 minutes until a Hillary mention, and a mind boggling 35 minutes for Clinton's impeachment.

Frigtard is a great word though, and it should be applied to the current condition of our government as a whole, and not just one person.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Oct 19, 2007, 01:57 PM

I would have mentioned Hillary sooner, but that damn Duff girl has made me forget how many L's I need.
Chuck
___

osiris
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 19, 2007, 02:02 PM

that makes perfect sense to me.

mduell
Posting Junkie
Oct 19, 2007, 06:34 PM

More astounding is that congress is at 11%... 6 months ago I would have guessed they'd be well into the single digits by now.

TheWOAT
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 19, 2007, 06:43 PM

I think OJ Simpson's approval rating is higher than 11 percent. (If he were to have an approval rating of course)

ironknee
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 19, 2007, 06:44 PM

these are the same people attacking gore instead of facing the truth...bush has made the worst mess ever

spin spin spin

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Oct 19, 2007, 07:27 PM

I thought Johnson made the worst mess?

Then there's Kennedy's mess. (bay of pigs)
Nixon's mess. (spying and lying)
Carter's mess. (economy)
Reagan's mess. (Iran-Contra)
Bush 1's mess. (not really enough time to make a big mess)
Clinton's mess. (oval office rug)
Bush 2's mess. (Iraq)

They're all pretty messy.
( Last edited by Shaddim; Oct 19, 2007 at 07:33 PM. )
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

peeb  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 19, 2007, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Shaddim View Post
Bush 2's mess. (Iraq)

They're all pretty messy.
You know, I think it's pretty offensive to compare getting a blow-job with the deaths of thousands of Americans and many tens of thousands of others.

Cold Warrior
Oct 19, 2007, 07:56 PM

Clinton's mess was his and his administration's total failure to confront global jihadism and disrupt its growth.

peeb  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 19, 2007, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
Clinton's mess was his and his administration's total failure to confront global jihadism and disrupt its growth.
That's funny!

osiris
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 19, 2007, 08:25 PM

I blame Thomas Edward Lawrence and the British Empire for not having the foresight of what was to come.

stwain2003
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 19, 2007, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by peeb View Post
You know, I think it's pretty offensive to compare getting a blow-job with the deaths of thousands of Americans and many tens of thousands of others.
I think it's funny that Democrats use the President of United States having an extramarital affair to point fingers at how much WORSE President Bush is doing. Typical, since the majority of them support the destruction of the family by way of abortion, gay marriage, and the like.
8GB iPhone
Coming Soon: Mac mini Core 2 Duo 2.0Ghz

ironknee
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 19, 2007, 08:33 PM

not to mention adding billions of dollars to the deficit

ironknee
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 19, 2007, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by stwain2003 View Post
I think it's funny that Democrats use the President of United States having an extramarital affair to point fingers at how much WORSE President Bush is doing. Typical, since the majority of them support the destruction of the family by way of abortion, gay marriage, and the like.
yeah, two words, larry craig

stwain2003
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 19, 2007, 08:38 PM

Larry Craig was an idiot. So was Bill Clinton. The thing that's different about me compared to Democrats, is I don't like to bullshit. If someone associated with my political beliefs does something stupid, then I'll call them out on it. Republican OR Democrat. Democrats just downplay their mistakes and point fingers at us. They have NO backbone.
8GB iPhone

Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 19, 2007, 08:57 PM

The thing that's different about me compared to Democrats, is I don't like to bullshit.
What percentage of Democrats, would you say, bullshit?

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Oct 19, 2007, 09:43 PM

Mostly it was tongue-in-cheek, but he did commit perjury, and that isn't something to shrug off
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Oct 19, 2007, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Face Ache View Post
100%, it's the same for all politicians though
- Thomas Paine

ironknee
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 19, 2007, 11:03 PM

Larry Craig was an idiot. So was Bill Clinton. The thing that's different about me compared to Democrats, is I don't like to bullshit. If someone associated with my political beliefs does something stupid, then I'll call them out on it. Republican OR Democrat. Democrats just downplay their mistakes and point fingers at us. They have NO backbone.
okay...

clinton shouldn't have had a bj...
  1. hillery and chelsea should be the ones most affected by this.
  2. AND, bad for him for not having self control. he's a president after all!

gwb shouldn't have launched a pre-eminent war in iraq. and with a lie to boot.
  1. bush-league management of the war (remember rummy said the violence wouldn't last 6 weeks?)
  2. so far 3831 american soldiers died
  3. cost of war: 43 billion
  4. leaving us with our back to the war.. as gwb said "if we leave, they will follow us."

not to mention abu ghraib, katrina, national debt or spying on americans

so for me, gwb takes the cake here

edit: oh i forgot...osama bin laden is still free....freedom for him is a big f-u to the us.

Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 19, 2007, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by Face Ache View Post
The thing that's different about me compared to Democrats, is I don't like to bullshit.
100%, it's the same for all politicians though
I agree, but he seems to be suggesting that Democratic voters are bullshitters by default.

That, of course, is bullshit. Isn't it ironic? [/alanis]

Any further protestations shall hereby be considered bullshit.

Or maybe I'm just bullshitting ya.

I think I just like typing bullshit.

Originally Posted by ironknee View Post
oh i forgot...osama bin laden is still free.
Who?

CRASH HARDDRIVE
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 20, 2007, 09:23 PM

okay...
Wow, the irony.
You did exactly what stwain2003's post said!

stupendousman
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 20, 2007, 10:34 PM

okay...

clinton shouldn't have had a bj...
Personally, I could care less if Clinton got oral sex.

What he shouldn't have done is get it from a White House worker while she was supposed to be engaged in business and then lie about it in a court of law that was investigating whether he had a record of using government employees for sexual favors.

Even that doesn't really phase me. What he really shouldn't have done was....

- Not engaged in a pattern of election fraud via illegal foreign donations
- Not sold military secrets to his foreign backers
- Not put for sale US property (White House accomodations) that didn't belong to him
- Not engaged in constant partisan attacks against others via his associates Begala and Carville
- Not illegally tapped into private FBI files to get dirt on his political enemies
- Had the balls to do something that might have hurt his popularity ratings
- Nor lied about nearly EVERYTHING he said or did.
---

I could go on, but why bother. While Bush has been no big winner, we haven't had one of those for about 20 years. Reagan looks better and better as each year passes.

But Bush is pretty much a lame duck and old news. What's REALLY news is that it looks like a majority of Democrats are ready for Clinton to get back in office despite the clear record of corruption in the past and the CONTINUING corruption going on today. Even a fellow Demcrat couldn't help but raise the issue recently....

Political Radar: Edwards Attacks Clinton on Questionable Contributions

Of course, if Hillary where a Republican, we'd be treated to poll reports consisting of questions like "Does hearing about Senator Clinton's continued problems with illegal campaign finance donations, does that make you more or less likely to vote for her?". Instead....pretty much crickets. I'm surprised Edwards even mentioned it. He should know by know that the Clintons are allowed to scam whatever they want.

ironknee
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 21, 2007, 12:19 AM

^^

yes, you and i don't give a s#it about clinton's bj, but your party uses it all the time....scroll back and see

nice list....and you may be right on most or if all of them....but how many americans died because of it?

can you list any issues gwb has done with as much energy as you've put in for clinton? or is all this mess is someine eles' promblem?

btw you know you are of the minority on bush right?

stwain2003
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 21, 2007, 12:30 AM

^^

yes, you and i don't give a s#it about clinton's bj, but your party uses it all the time....scroll back and see

nice list....and you may be right on most or if all of them....but how many americans died because of it?
Wow. Could you BE any more of an idiot? "Your party uses it all the time" might've been the stupidest thing I've heard in my life! You guys just can't face the facts that your beloved Clinton did something wrong, and whenever it comes up, you freak out and point the finger at the Republicans.

And just because Americans didn't die didn't mean it was a horribly - HORRIBLY - stupid thing to do, especially when you are the #1 ranked human being in the United States. He, as well as you, are idiots.
8GB iPhone

stupendousman
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 21, 2007, 12:47 AM

^^

My party? I'm an independent.

How many died because of Nixon? By your logic, Kennedy who expanded Vietnam, causing lots of death, was a worse President the Nixon who was bringing the boys home? Fortunately for the world, "far left logic" isn't really the standard for intellectual excellence

can you list any issues gwb has done with as much energy as you've put in for clinton? or is all this mess is someine eles' promblem?

btw you know you are of the minority on bush right?
I'm not sure what you mean. When I'm "on bush", I AM normally a minority, as the bush in question is usually only occupied by one person.

stupendousman
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 21, 2007, 12:52 AM

I do get tired of Clinton supporters being such big winers when the low standard set by him and his wife gets brought up to explain why their tirades against lesser problems make them look foolish.

I'd have no real interest in discussing Clinton at this point...part of the past, if it wasn't for the fact that his party are apparently hoping to try and put he and his corrupt wife back into the White House. The Republicans ditched Nixon when his funny business came to light, and even rewarded Ford with a Carter win after he pardoned Nixon. It astounds me that the Democrats would be so blind to corruption (or hypocritical) as to put Hillary and Bill back in the White House. Simply astounding.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Oct 21, 2007, 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by stupendousman View Post
I do get tired of Clinton supporters being such big winers when the low standard set by him and his wife gets brought up to explain why their tirades against lesser problems make them look foolish.

I'd have no real interest in discussing Clinton at this point...part of the past, if it wasn't for the fact that his party are apparently hoping to try and put he and his corrupt wife back into the White House. The Republicans ditched Nixon when his funny business came to light, and even rewarded Ford with a Carter win after he pardoned Nixon. It astounds me that the Democrats would be so blind to corruption (or hypocritical) as to put Hillary and Bill back in the White House. Simply astounding.
You didn't actually list anything Clinton did that was worse than killing people for your own political gain, which is what people charge Bush with. So maybe you can understand why some see Bush as worse.
Chuck
___

stupendousman
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 21, 2007, 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by Chuckit View Post
You didn't actually list anything Clinton did that was worse than killing people for your own political gain...
..and no one has ever shown me that Bush ever did such a thing either. Exaggerate much?

..and I wasn't saying Clinton was better or worse. I did explain why the standard given was BS though. Faulty logic...

ironknee
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 21, 2007, 02:02 AM

Wow. Could you BE any more of an idiot? "Your party uses it all the time" might've been the stupidest thing I've heard in my life! You guys just can't face the facts that your beloved Clinton did something wrong, and whenever it comes up, you freak out and point the finger at the Republicans.

And just because Americans didn't die didn't mean it was a horribly - HORRIBLY - stupid thing to do, especially when you are the #1 ranked human being in the United States. He, as well as you, are idiots.
seriously, scroll back and see

didn't i say clinton shouldn't have had a bj?

has gwb done anything wrong? can you list any?

CRASH HARDDRIVE
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 21, 2007, 02:58 AM

You didn't actually list anything Clinton did that was worse than killing people for your own political gain, which is what people charge Bush with. So maybe you can understand why some see Bush as worse.
Clinton popped off the largest missile attack in history (up to that time) against Iraq- if anyone thinks people didn't die in that and other attacks under Clinton's watch, well, they're liberals. (Synonymous with idiot, when it comes to this whole subject.)

Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 21, 2007, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by CRASH HARDDRIVE View Post
Clinton popped off the largest missile...
When all you've got is Bush, penis envy is inevitable. [/Freud]

Kevin
Baninated
Oct 21, 2007, 07:47 AM

Oh that was just a little mess. He created far bigger messes than that.
Originally Posted by stupendousman View Post

- Not engaged in a pattern of election fraud via illegal foreign donations
- Not sold military secrets to his foreign backers
- Not put for sale US property (White House accomodations) that didn't belong to him
- Not engaged in constant partisan attacks against others via his associates Begala and Carville
- Not illegally tapped into private FBI files to get dirt on his political enemies
- Had the balls to do something that might have hurt his popularity ratings
- Nor lied about nearly EVERYTHING he said or did.
---

I could go on, but why bother. While Bush has been no big winner, we haven't had one of those for about 20 years. Reagan looks better and better as each year passes.
Indeed. Esp about the Reagan comment.

I wouldn't be surprised if "Moniquagate" wasn't just a distraction from all the other worse things that Administration was up to. They knew sex sold.. and so did the Media.
( Last edited by Kevin; Oct 21, 2007 at 08:00 AM. )

Kevin
Baninated
Oct 21, 2007, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by CRASH HARDDRIVE View Post
Clinton popped off the largest missile attack in history (up to that time) against Iraq-
And he did it because of the same reasons Bush did. Yet no one called him a liar, or a murderer or any of those political zealot like accusations.

Clinton, Dec. 19, 1998: "Earlier today, I ordered America's armed forces to strike military and security targets in Iraq. . . . Their mission is to attack Iraq's nuclear, chemical and biological weapons programs and its military capacity to threaten its neighbors. . . . Saddam Hussein must not be allowed to threaten his neighbors or the world with nuclear arms, poison gas or biological weapons."

Wait, What nuclear, chemical and biological weapons programs?

LIAR!1111 Murderer!1111

Kevin
Baninated
Oct 21, 2007, 07:52 AM

You didn't actually list anything Clinton did that was worse than killing people for your own political gain, which is what people charge Bush with.
Well Clinton did it too. He indeed killed people for his own political gain. He also made the very people he was hired to protect out to be liars when they were telling the truth, just for his own political gain. I wont go into the people that "took their own life" because they were mixed into the Clinton administration a bit too deeply.

^^

Actually the right talks about Clinton lying under oath. Which he did do.

The left belittles it as a simple "bj" Not that I care if Clinton gets a BJ, or who is he is getting it from. But please don't do it while you are "on the clock" (Wasting taxpayers money) and don't make some young gal out to be a liar to save your own can't keep it in his pants for a second ass.

That, and don't lie under oath.

I am not the biggest fan of Bush. But I have more respect for him than I do Clinton. And I've voted for both of them at one time.

He reminds me of the guy that has sex with the fat ugly girl, and when she tells her friends and brags about it, he denies it, and even goes as far as to belittle her in front of her friends.

But Clinton did it in front of the world. He lost my respect then and there.

YouTube - That Woman

He was lying out his ass there. He didn't care who he hurt by doing it either. No amount of finger wagging or slamming into the podium is going to make what he said true.

And his approval rating was high during that time.

That says a lot about "approval ratings"
( Last edited by Kevin; Oct 21, 2007 at 11:20 AM. )

subego
Clinically Insane
Oct 21, 2007, 11:38 AM

Nm.

villalobos
Mac Elite
Oct 21, 2007, 01:14 PM

For all of Bush's social, diplomatic and military mistakes, I think his best success his the weakness of the dollar. It helps with the competitivity of american companies, it enhances the effect of high oil prices, which in turn will speed America's search for an alternative to the all-oil economy, before it is too late, and it makes investments from capital rich foreign compagnies interesting again, bringing much needed funds in the US. All this so far has not triggered inflation either. So yeah that german car import, and that led based chinese toy will be more expensive, but in the long term it will beneficial.

peeb  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 21, 2007, 01:25 PM

Erm, the economy being in a shambles does have some short term up-sides, but in the long term, it's a bad thing to trash the dollar.

Kevin
Baninated
Oct 21, 2007, 01:45 PM

The economy hasn't been in shambles for quite awhile.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 21, 2007, 01:51 PM

the Dem's approval rating is even lower
45/47

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Oct 21, 2007, 02:01 PM

Clinton had a blow job.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 21, 2007, 02:11 PM

Pretty bad – but not Jimmy Carter bad | Gerard Baker - Times Online
The US jobless rate was more than 10 per cent. Inflation touched 15 per cent. Soviet troops marched unmolested into Afghanistan. America watched helpless as its diplomats were held hostage by Iranian revolutionaries for 444 days. In the rest of the world, from Latin America to Asia, American power yielded to the communist advance; economically, America was being bested by Japan and Germany.
45/47

stupendousman
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 21, 2007, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
Clinton had a blow job.
..and all that other stuff I posted above.

The economy is in pretty good condition right now. Not as good as the height of the Internet boom that Clinton got the benefit of, but not the lows it was at the end of Clinton's adminstration when Bush inherited a slight recession.

Kevin
Baninated
Oct 21, 2007, 02:40 PM

Not that the recession with Clinton's fault either. It wasn't.

Forum Links
Forum Rules