Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > DVD burning, is this normal?

DVD burning, is this normal?
Full-Auto
Forum Regular
Feb 10, 2008, 05:22 PM

When I'm burning either a data DVD or a video DVD every once in a while the DVD fails verification. The burn goes ok, then on the last step of the process (using native Mac functionality to burn) it will get 10% to 15% through verification then give an error saying verification failed. The disc will usually work (I can see the data or watch the video) so I've ignored it. Could my drive be bad already (brand new iMac) or is this normal? I'm using Memorex media.

Veltliner
Mac Elite
Feb 11, 2008, 02:25 AM

Memorex is a no-brand product I avoid.

Have you ever tried brand DVDs? Did you experience the same problems?

Full-Auto  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 11, 2008, 08:18 AM

Not yet, I had them around from my PC days. They never gave me a problem before, but that's not to say they don't have problems with the SuperDrive. I'll try another brand. What do you recommend?

silver
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 11, 2008, 01:01 PM

Try verbatim media, haven't had any problems. Also I occasionally use memorex but they do have a higher coaster to success for me when I buy a spindle of 100 or more.

If you plan to buy your media online then may I suggest meritline.com very good prices on bulk media.

Cheers
 MBP 17" 2.16ghz, ATI x1600 256, 100GBHD, 2GB ram, 23"AppleLCD

Forum Links
Forum Rules