Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > using mac os x 10.4 and can't find apn

using mac os x 10.4 and can't find apn
bonniescotland
Forum Regular
Jan 1, 2009, 08:20 PM

I'm using mac os x104 which I assume is Tiger? Anyway I am trying to find how to get to the apn setting. My issue is that I am trying to connect a 3 internet key modem to my macbook. It seems to have installed but I can't get it to connect to the internet. The three tech support talked to me for an hour and we went through the network settings but they asked me to click on the advanced tab to change my APN settings, well I don't seem to have this. Having done a google it seems to me that this is an option in Leopard but not Tiger. For instance I had a look at:
http://blog.evandavey.com/2008/02/ho...USB-modem.html

and tried to use their advice on how to get my 3 modem to work, but their instructions mention the APN setting which I just can't find on Tiger anywhere. I suspect the reason I can't connect is because I haven't been able to find/change this APN setting. Of course that may not be the problem, but at the very least if I could figure out where the APN setting is I could at least try it.

So I don't seem to have the advanced tab or anyway to actually find or get into the APN setting.

Forum Links
Forum Rules