Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iPhoto web galleries

iPhoto web galleries
phobos
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 15, 2009, 03:12 AM

Hi there.
I'm trying to figure out how mobile me galleries work in iPhoto.
I created a new album and I uploaded a few pictures from my iPhone.
I open iPhoto and I can see that the new album shows up. But I can also see that it doesn't download them to iPhoto, they just exist on the cloud.
The same goes for the pictures, other users upload.
Wouldn't it be easier to automatically sync them, instead of having to drag and drop to my library?
Is this really how the system works? All the pictures exist in the cloud and I select which ones to download to my library?

Another issue I'm having is how safe this whole system is for your data.
I uploaded a photo from the phone, and the iphoto got updated with the new gallery as was expected. I then added some keywords on iphoto, and synching back to the cloud it changed (for no reason) the thumbnail and the rotation of the photograph. After playing around on the web part of the gallery, and after a second automatic synching the photo has vanished from the internet gallery and thus from my iphoto gallery since this was a picture I had uploaded from the iphone! I know that I still have the picture since it's in my iphone but what happens when another user uploads a picture I don't have and something awry happens. I managed to have a problem in the first minutes of playing with the app, I can't imagine what happens in longer periods of time.
So the back and forth seems to have deleted the picture!!

ibook_steve
Aug 15, 2009, 08:05 PM

Hmm, perhaps photos can only be synced to a computer through iTunes, not through the cloud. There's no option in MobileMe preferences for syncing photos.

Steve
Celebrating 10 years and 4000 posts on MacNN!

DarkStarRed
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 16, 2009, 03:43 AM

Hello phobos, if you go to your MobileMe>Gallery>Albums & select the collection you want or click the ▸ next to Albums to show your collections if none show-up.

Once the Album is clicked on go to top of window & click on
Click for full size - Uploaded with plasq's Skitch
this will bring up a window Album Settings Advance>Sync with iPhoto or Aperture.

Also you'll see Allow of download of photos or full album, "uncheck to stop" Anyone
Upload photos via web browser, "uncheck to stop" Windows or Mac users
Adding photos via email or iPhone. "uncheck to stop" this is from people whom you give you email link to.

Within your Album you can set a password but this is only within your Public folder on iDisk seems strange they don't have same setup within MobileMe?

Forum Links
Forum Rules