Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > no audio in QT export

no audio in QT export
The Dark Half
Oct 10, 2000, 04:33 PM

everytime i export some of my 320x240 mpegs from QT 4.1.2, it comes out w/no audio. the audio option is greyed out when i go under options for export. the movies have audio... any ideas?

jcarr
Senior User
Oct 19, 2000, 08:55 AM

Originally posted by The Dark Half:
everytime i export some of my 320x240 mpegs from QT 4.1.2, it comes out w/no audio. the audio option is greyed out when i go under options for export. the movies have audio... any ideas?
You are exporting MPEG files that have been "MUXed" (i.e. the audio and video streams are combined into a single track). Look at the movie info panel and you will see that there is only one track. You need a utility to deMUX the MPEG file in order to comvert it to a QuickTime file using S�rensen/QDesign for example.

MPEGSplit (included with Sparkle) will do this, but is not the most reliable or elegant solution. Anyone else know of a better one?

------------------
I'm cookoo for Cocoa Apps!
I'm cookoo for Cocoa Apps!

bizzare
Jan 3, 2001, 06:44 AM

Here's the solution:
http://forums.macnn.com/cgi-bin/Forum9/HTML/000727.html

------------------

Forum Links
Forum Rules