Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Sort by Size in Spotlight Results - Solution!

Sort by Size in Spotlight Results - Solution!
TETENAL
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 9, 2009, 10:45 AM

macosxhints.com - 10.6: Add Size and other columns to search results

Finally!

Now the question is: since this feature is obviously available in the system, why tf is there no GUI to turn on the size column? This has been annoying me for years now since Leopard.

Hal Itosis
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 9, 2009, 01:06 PM

Yup, that hint was the inspiration for Rob's Macworld article 3 days later: "See more fields in Finder Spotlight search results"

I find it amazing that the original hint only generated 13 comments (so far), and the Macworld article received only 10 comments. [Admittedly, i didn't comment at either site, but then again i'm still running 10.5.8] -- Given all the complaints about how similar Tiger features were removed in Leopard, you'd think there would be a huge reaction to that news... comment-wise.

Looking at apps such as Leap, HoudahSpot and Spotlaser... we can see the amazing potential in Spotlight. I don't get why Apple is holding back inherent features like those.

--

Also simple stuff like this: "See folder content previews in Quick Look in 10.5 and 10.6" -- which has apparently been hiding in Leopard for almost two years. [edit: note that tip got 30 comments... but perhaps because it applies to 10.5. as well.]
( Last edited by Hal Itosis; Oct 9, 2009 at 01:17 PM. )
-HI-

Forum Links
Forum Rules