Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Aperture Batch Version Woes

Aperture Batch Version Woes
anthonyterrell
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 23, 2011, 08:14 PM

Hello,
I've recently acquired a Nikon DSLR and have jumped in head first into Aperture. I've noticed some super nice features and it's power is seemingly endless when it comes to manipulating and correcting photos. I do have issues with it though, 2 really.

I have a project of 140 photos that I'm editing and changing meta data, to eventually push to Flickr and Facebook. I can pretty much batch change everything except for Version Names. I want all of my version names to be the same without a counter. Example: "The Manhattan Weekend" <--That's it

I'm stumped as in a way to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated ^_^

The other issue is quite weird if you ask me, it has to do with exporting. No matter what social media I export to, Flickr or Facebook, all of my photos will not export. I understand they have to be selected within the project and then click the social button to export.

I will have 23 photos and export to Facebook, and only 16 will fully export. So I have to keep hitting re-sync to get each remaining photo to jump over the other side. That is truly annoying as well, but other than these 2 issues I love Aperture.

If anyone has any experience, fixes or even recommendations I'd greatly appreciate it

Thanks,
-Anthony

Demonhood
Administrator
Mar 24, 2011, 12:24 PM

1) Is there a particular reason you want to change the version name to be the same for every image? If it's for export, you can just change that in your export settings. If it's for metadata and searching, you can use keywords.

2) Not sure what the problem is here. I've always found iPhoto and Aperture's social sharing implementations rather lacking. I just have a special Facebook setting and export them to a folder and then import them into Facebook. Much cleaner than this "syncing" nonsense. Even if it is less convenient.

anthonyterrell  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 24, 2011, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Demonhood View Post
1) Is there a particular reason you want to change the version name to be the same for every image? If it's for export, you can just change that in your export settings. If it's for metadata and searching, you can use keywords.
I pretty much just hate seeing DSC... I find it to be nagging. Again, I'm pretty new to some of this stuff so I may be doing something wrong. I'm taking your advice with just publishing directly to Facebook. I've found the Social exports not so great either really. If it means a smoother deal, I don't mind the extra step or 2.

I really appreciate your feedback ^_^, any other tips be sure to let me know!
-Anthony

Forum Links
Forum Rules