Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > US now 9th freest economy. Canada is 6th.

US now 9th freest economy. Canada is 6th.
lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 24, 2011, 07:55 AM

So says the National Review Online and the Heritage Foundation.

Canada has a freer economy and a stronger welfare state at the same time? Conservative brains everywhere explode!

CRASH HARDDRIVE
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 24, 2011, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by lpkmckenna View Post
So says the National Review Online and the Heritage Foundation.

Canada has a freer economy and a stronger welfare state at the same time? Conservative brains everywhere explode!
You never actually read anything, do you? Just one lame kneejerk after another.

And that classic Canadian insecurity on full display. It's like you want soooooo desperately to like your own country that you cling to every statistic, every little 'list' you can find... rather than just relaxing and enjoying your country as is not in lame comparison to anywhere else. oops... but if you did that, it might be *gasp!* jingoistic! oh noes!

So instead, stick to all your passive-agressive insecurity with little kneejerk jabs against the US.

Meanwhile, if you ever bothered to actually read anything, you'd know that article outlines the reasons for America's declining fiscal freedom as everything conservatives have been warning about for years, and everything dimbulbs like you have had your kneepads on begging for for years: bigger government, more taxes, fewer investment incentives, punishing the successful, etc. etc.

Try reading next time and maybe avoid your usual high levels of FAIL.

And it's OKAY to actually like your country. The insecurity is completely unnecessary. We all know you couldn't go more than two seconds without comparing canukistan to the US, and hand-wringing over very minute detail of the US, but that obsession could be easily cured if you'd just relax and lose the nationalistic inferiority complex.

Then you might find yourself making it through an entire day giving less of a shit about a country you dont live in as the average American wastes any time handwringing over your iceberg.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Jan 24, 2011, 12:26 PM

Look at the top countries. Compare even the stereotypical trade agreements that those countries have. Duh?

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 24, 2011, 05:31 PM

Americans just can't admit they are the fail in everything. Americans pay more taxes, get less from the taxes and pay more for almost everything else as well. Sure on average they make a bit more money to but when costs of living are overall higher as well it changes nothing.
Blandine Bureau 1940 - 2011
Missed 2012 by 3 days, RIP Grandma :-(

lpkmckenna  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 25, 2011, 12:24 AM

Insecurity? Why would I feel insecure about Canada, compared to a crime-ridden and mismanaged corporate whoredom like the US?

In Canada, we have real conservatives like Stephen Harper. In the US, you have big gov't, war-mongering autocrats like Bush. Your conservatives spend all their time whining about gays and Mexicans, spending all your tax dollars looking under every bed for terrorists and drug dealers, and then you wonder why the economy is in the crapper? Maybe because your focus is utterly diverted by war-mongering neocons and the Talibangelical rightists?

I read the article. It says Canada has a freer economy. That's because we have real conservatives and you don't. Your "conservatives" might be moaning about "America's declining fiscal freedom as everything conservatives have been warning about for years," but they are too incompetent to correct the situation. They think cutting the welfare state = free market, which is complete nonsense.

Send some people to Canada and watch Harper. He'll show you how it's done. Your conservatives are all talk.

PS. I'm confused by the label "Canukistan." We aren't friends with any terrorists. The US, on the other hand, is responsible for supporting and funding people like Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein. If America hates terrorism so much, why do you create and fund so many of them?

CRASH HARDDRIVE
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 25, 2011, 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by lpkmckenna View Post
Insecurity
Yup. Nothing but.

Remember:
...it's OKAY to actually like your country. The insecurity is completely unnecessary. We all know you couldn't go more than two seconds without comparing canukistan to the US (proven ONCE AGAIN!), and hand-wringing over very minute detail of the US, but that obsession could be easily cured if you'd just relax and lose the nationalistic inferiority complex.

How much time did you spend today on a country you don't live in, rather than learning to like your own without the insecure need to compare it to somewhere else? What list did you have to consult to let you know it's okay to like your country, rather than just LIKING IT?

lpkmckenna  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 25, 2011, 05:02 AM

Thanks for responding to none of my questions. Keep deluding yourself about how you imagine I feel about Canada, the rest of us know that's just projection.

CRASH HARDDRIVE
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 25, 2011, 06:53 AM

Your little "My conservatives can beat up your conservatives!" whine was just precious!

I haven't seen such a vicarious kindergarten 'argument' as that mounted in a long time. I bet your dad can beat up my dad too!

Cheer up. Yes, you have a lot to like about your country, and one day maybe you can learn to relax and do so not because its name appears on some list in an article you didn't even bother to read, but... just because!

It's priceless that you had to sacrifice any shred of consistency with your usual moonbat rantings in order to credit conservatives for all economic positives in Canada, but hey, you saw your country's name on a list and it's like a switch turned your brain off. You actually 'thought' quoting how conservative practices result in stronger economies and moonbat big government nonsense wrecks economies was somehow going to be a slam against conservatives!

"B-but my conservatives can beat up your conservatives!"

Just priceless.

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 25, 2011, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by CRASH HARDDRIVE View Post
Yup. Nothing but.

Remember:
...it's OKAY to actually like your country. The insecurity is completely unnecessary. We all know you couldn't go more than two seconds without comparing canukistan to the US (proven ONCE AGAIN!), and hand-wringing over very minute detail of the US, but that obsession could be easily cured if you'd just relax and lose the nationalistic inferiority complex.

How much time did you spend today on a country you don't live in, rather than learning to like your own without the insecure need to compare it to somewhere else? What list did you have to consult to let you know it's okay to like your country, rather than just LIKING IT?
Yet its ok when Yanks do the comparing, its only a insecurity issue when its a non Yank doing it? If you ask me Amerika is having the insecurity issues here.
Blandine Bureau 1940 - 2011
Missed 2012 by 3 days, RIP Grandma :-(

Forum Links
Forum Rules