Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > rMBP double image problem?

rMBP double image problem?
NewOldbie
Forum Regular
Oct 10, 2012, 03:10 PM

Has anyone reported double images/fuzzy images on their rMBP display?

I've had my rMBP for about 4 months and have always dismissed it as a software thing but after going through two ML updates I'm starting to think it might be a hardware thing. I'd like to get it resolved while the machine is under warranty.

Once in a while (usually when the computer is waking from sleep), I'd see double images of everything on the screen. The images (say the login screen) are about 1" apart. It almost seems like if the two were adjusted for parallax it would make a perfect image.

The way I resolve this problem is by putting the computer to sleep and waking it up again. Most of the time it will clear up but occasionally I have to repeat 2-3 times to clear it up.

It is a maxed out rMBP 2.7 w/ 16GB RAM and 768 solid state drive. Running 10.8.2. This happens with the built in display or w/ 30" Cinema monitor hooked up via Minidisplay port Dual-link DVI adaptor. MB571Z/A.

Appreciate any help.
If there were no God, it would be necessary to invent him.

Voltaire

P
Oct 12, 2012, 03:15 AM

Never heard of it. Could be software, but at this point I would contact Apple.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

Forum Links
Forum Rules