Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Checking Ti Memory Speed

Checking Ti Memory Speed
Xtraz
Forum Regular
Sep 27, 2002, 01:57 PM

Is there anyway of checking your memory speed on the Ti?

I have a Ti/500 and I just bought a 512 strip to replace one of my two 256 strips. The new 512 Mb is 2-2, and I would like the other slot to be 2-2 also. Now I don't remember if the extra 256 I bought initially was 2-2, nor do I know if the original memory Apple shipped with the Powerbook is 2-2.

If anyone can help that'd be great.

Xtraz  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 28, 2002, 05:26 AM

I managed to solve my own problem. I read somewhere that Apple System Profiler has that information, but when I checked it it didn't have it. So I pulled out my firewire drive with 9.2 on it and ran the OS 9 version of System Profiler and yay I found out that one of my ram chips was indeed 3-2-2.

In fact, it was the original RAM Apple gave me that was 3-2-2. My 256 Mb upgrade chip was 2-2-2. So now I'm happy that all 768Mb of my ram are 2-2-2.

Forum Links
Forum Rules