Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > DP 867 Delays; whats the deal?!

DP 867 Delays; whats the deal?!
godzappa
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 24, 2002, 05:39 PM

Hey Everyone

I finally decided to bite the bullet and upgrade my G4, and ordered a DP 867 with Superdrive and Radeon 9000 Pro BTO, back on the 10th. The site listed a 1-3 day est. ship time, I ordered the system the same day as checking the online store, with my local mac dealer.

2 weeks later and it hasnt shipped, my retailer called Apple to find out what the delay was and they said theyre awaiting parts and my G4 probably wont ship until October 2nd, meaning by the time I get it , a whole month after I ordered the damn thing.

Has anyone else experienced delays recently on their DP867s? its pretty poor when someone orders a machine thats been out for weeks and listed as haivng a 1-3 day ship time and it takes a month why me! It's enough to make me cancel the thing and wait for the next PM updates, which are alot sooner now than when I ordered.
PowerMac G4 DP867 [DDR]
PowerMac G4 400 [Yikes]
15GB iPod 3G
iSight
2003 MINI Cooper

solitere
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 25, 2002, 01:38 AM

Originally posted by godzappa:
Hey Everyone

I finally decided to bite the bullet and upgrade my G4, and ordered a DP 867 with Superdrive and Radeon 9000 Pro BTO, back on the 10th. The site listed a 1-3 day est. ship time, I ordered the system the same day as checking the online store, with my local mac dealer.

2 weeks later and it hasnt shipped, my retailer called Apple to find out what the delay was and they said theyre awaiting parts and my G4 probably wont ship until October 2nd, meaning by the time I get it , a whole month after I ordered the damn thing.

Has anyone else experienced delays recently on their DP867s? its pretty poor when someone orders a machine thats been out for weeks and listed as haivng a 1-3 day ship time and it takes a month why me! It's enough to make me cancel the thing and wait for the next PM updates, which are alot sooner now than when I ordered.

Apperently its been higher demand than enticipated for the DP 867 model according to my macdealer. Thats causing the delay. I ordered 2 machines to the office 3 weeks ago and they are havent arrived yet.

BrunoBruin
Mac Elite
Sep 25, 2002, 08:15 AM

Was the shipping time stated for the stock configuration or for the CTO? When I ordered my dual-867 I think the stock was listed as shipping in 1-3 days, but when I added the Superdrive and Radeon it went up to 7-10. Mine did ship within that time.

You will be very pleased with your new machine. I love mine. A huge improvement over my old dual-450, more than I expected, and a great value compared to the faster models.

godzappa  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 25, 2002, 09:26 AM

Nah the est. ship time was on the BTO :-/ Even if I go to the online store now and buy the same system w/ Superdrive and Radeon, it lists 1-3

I think a day or two before I ordered, there was a 7-10 day est. ship time on the Apple store.

I know the machine will be worth the wait, but its sort of a bummer, especially with 5 month product cycles; August, Apple releases new PMs, September order, finally get it into October, and then you're thinking "now I only needed to wait another 3 or so months for a newer model"

Thats what I've been doing since last year, waiting and waiting and waiting to upgrade.. you bite the bullet and your STILL waiting.. when does the torture stop
PowerMac G4 DP867 [DDR]
PowerMac G4 400 [Yikes]
15GB iPod 3G
iSight
2003 MINI Cooper

memento
Mac Elite
Sep 26, 2002, 09:04 AM

Fortunately I have an Apple store locally, so I just walked in, plunked down my MasterCard, and walked out with a base DP867. They had them in stock.
"Destroy your ego. Trust your brain. Destroy your beliefs. Trust your divinity." -Danny Carey

MacPro Quad 2.66, G4 MDD dual 867, 23" Cinema Display and 17" LCD, G4 Quicksilver dual 800, 12" Powerbook 867, iMac 300 Grape, B&W G3/300 with G4/450 running yellowdog, iPod 5GB, iPod mini, PowerCenter 150, Powercenter 132 tower, Performa 6116, Quadra 700, MacSE, LC II, eMate 300

JediMac
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 26, 2002, 05:11 PM

FYI... I work for CompUSA and there have been several 867 DOA. All Bad MLB's! Becareful with this one!

Duo
Forum Regular
Sep 26, 2002, 07:40 PM

I ordered mine from apple two days ago and its on its way to my house. I didn't change the vid. card however, I just upped the hd.

Duo

PacHead
Baninated
Sep 26, 2002, 07:55 PM

Damn, i hate it when i DUATPU, lol.

what is an MLB ? (mother-xxxxxxx-board ?)

thanks

DUATPU=don't understand acronyms that people use

Kenneth
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 27, 2002, 04:34 AM

Originally posted by PacHead:
Damn, i hate it when i DUATPU, lol.

what is an MLB ? (mother-xxxxxxx-board ?)

thanks

DUATPU=don't understand acronyms that people use
Macnn Post abbreviations Library

PacHead
Baninated
Sep 27, 2002, 02:27 PM

Nowhere in that link is MLB to be found.

can't somebody just say what an MLB is ?

godzappa  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 27, 2002, 02:39 PM

Got an email from my 'dealer' this morning, my Mac shipped out yesterday and should arrive monday or tuesday, so 3 weeks wait, more than the 1-3 days Apple promised but at least its not a month.

James
PowerMac G4 DP867 [DDR]
PowerMac G4 400 [Yikes]
15GB iPod 3G
iSight
2003 MINI Cooper

BrunoBruin
Mac Elite
Sep 27, 2002, 09:28 PM

can't somebody just say what an MLB is ?
Main logic board, unless I'm mistaken about what Apple replaced on my Cube.

Deal
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 27, 2002, 10:34 PM

Yes, Main Logic Board. Apple has thought different about part names for a long time.

As for all the Bad logic boards at CompUSA, It's not the only thing I've seen not working at CompUSA.... JK : )

I'm going to check into that and see if that's true.

godzappa  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 1, 2002, 05:12 PM

Well, the 1-3 days shipping that was paid for is really worthwhile. Reported to have shipped on the 26th, my new G4 STILL hasnt arrived yet... I would go stick my face in a fan but I did that 2 weeks ago and the oven is electric not gas

must... grin.... and bear... it.... aaggghhhh
PowerMac G4 DP867 [DDR]
PowerMac G4 400 [Yikes]
15GB iPod 3G
iSight
2003 MINI Cooper

Forum Links
Forum Rules