Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > How does the Radeon Mobility 7500 perform?

How does the Radeon Mobility 7500 perform?
InterfaceGuy
Senior User
Oct 7, 2002, 01:29 PM

How does the Mobility 7500 in a Ti 667/800 compare to a GeForce 2MX in a 733/800 tower? Is it A) as good or B) better? Anyone see any Quake 3 benchmarks on the net?

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 7, 2002, 01:46 PM

I was thinking that the Radeon Mobility 7500 would be faster than a GeForce 2MX, but I guess it is not always true. Check here for benchmarks.

http://www.barefeats.com/pb8b.html

engage1000
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 8, 2002, 05:59 PM

There is no way that a Radeon Mobility is gonna outperform a Geforce2 MX desktop GPU. NO way...

I think the mobile Geforce4 may come close... but I doubt it. I will see if I can find some reviews. www.anandtech.com is usually a good resource for that kind of stuff. Very accurate and unbiased reviews with lotsa industry standard comparison benchmarks.

I will post back. Oh yeah, I was gonna ask why the graphics power of a mobile chip is so important. If you are looking for a real portable gaming machine... don't buy a TiBook. Big mistake... you'd be better served by a big powerful desktop replacement from Dell or something with a GeForce4 mobile GPU.

Like I said, I will do some research and get back. I broke my own cardinal rule by assuming where assumptions should not be made. Ah, I am too lazy to redo the post..
I learned the hard way that you can't use vB smilies in your sig. see --> :cry:

seanyepez
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 8, 2002, 11:08 PM

The GeForce4 MX and Go versions are merely GeForce2 MX chips with Quincunx FSAA support and a slightly updated memory architecture. The GeForce4 Titanium is a whole different chip. The "MX" is only categorized with the "Ti" for marketing reasons.

We're all in for a treat; nVIDIA's releasing an altogether new graphics chipset (not "GeForce" anymore) for the Christmas season.

ujeni
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 9, 2002, 10:25 AM

I have a 733 desktop with a geforce 2mx card and a tibook with the 7500 card. They are almost identical in performance. I have seen slightly higher frame rates in quake on the 7500 though. Can't which is faster cause they are quite close in reality.

El Pre$idente
Banned
Oct 9, 2002, 02:59 PM

I back up ujeni. I have Ti800 and iMac Superdrive 15". They both run Max Payne, RTCW and Medal of Honor about the same. Medal of Honor is very jerky in multiplayer mode though as the Macs aren't fast enough to process all that data.

Forum Links
Forum Rules