Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: PowerBook G3 (Wallstreet) w/ USB+Firewire $650 (reduced)

FS: PowerBook G3 (Wallstreet) w/ USB+Firewire $650 (reduced)
Matt Brinkhoff
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 24, 2002, 03:46 PM

Updated: The price has been reduced on this Wallstreet and it has ALL THE EXTRAS! Read on...

I'm selling my trusty G3 Powerbook to finance a new iBook purchase. This Wallstreet is in excellent cosmetic shape for it's age and the screen looks great. It also includes many goodies like an extra battery and Firewire and USB cards!

PowerBook G3 (Wallstreet)

- 233MHz CPU (with Cache)
- 192 Megabytes RAM (64 lower / 128 upper)
- 6 Gig Hard Disk
- 14.1" TFT Screen
- 20x CD-ROM Module
- Built-in modem & Ethernet
- (2) Batteries
- Cardbus PCMCIA USB Card
- Cardbus Firewire Card
- New "yo-yo" style AC Adapter
- Apple ADB Keyboard
- Apple ADB Mouse
- Apple SCSI to DB-25 Adapter
- MacOS 8 (original)
- MacOS 10.1.5 (legal!)

This Powerbook has been pampered and it's in great shape all around. I bought it used but in like-new condition from eBay several years ago. It has been used primarily in an office environment and was rarely taken anywhere but home. The result of this is that the case has all of the rubber-like coating intact and only shows a few minor scratches.

The 32-bit cardbus USB and Firewire cards work great with OSX. I routinely used an Apple "pro" mouse and Apple keyboard on the USB card and an external CD-RW drive on the firewire card.

As noted above in addition to the PowerBook and the USB & Firewire cards you will also get an extra battery (you can use two at once if you exchange the extra battery for the CD-ROM module), an Apple ADB mouse and keyboard and the adapter that converts the square SCSI port on the back of the 'Book into a standard DB25.

Asking $650, buyer pays shipping (~$25 USPS Priority Mail), no Paypal. E-mail if you have questions, pictures available on request.

jaisun
Forum Regular
Oct 25, 2002, 10:35 AM

I'm looking to buy a USB PC card for my wife's Wallstreet...probably no chance of your selling just the USB card without the rest of the computer, eh?
- Design: QS G4 933 / GF4MX / R7k / 1GB / 160GB RAID / 60GB boot / Jaguar

- Games: Abit KD7-RAID / XP 2200+ / Ti4200 / 512MB GeIL PC3200 / 40GB / XP pro

Matt Brinkhoff  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 25, 2002, 11:05 AM

Originally posted by jaisun:
I'm looking to buy a USB PC card for my wife's Wallstreet...probably no chance of your selling just the USB card without the rest of the computer, eh?
Sorry, but no. I wouldn't want a Mac w/o USB, and I'm hoping that someone will see the value in having it.

Check out these sites if you want to pick one up.

OWC has them for $49.95 here:
http://eshop.macsales.com/Catalog_It...&Item=MACUH276

TheNerds.Net has them for $43.20:
http://www.thenerds.net/productpage....UP+%2D+MACALLY

Matt Brinkhoff  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 3, 2002, 05:55 PM

I have posted images of the Powerbook on the web. If you're interested in looking at them they are at:

http://homepage.mac.com/matt_brinkhoff/PhotoAlbum1.html

Forum Links
Forum Rules