Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > I just got married...I can't get used to this ring!

I just got married...I can't get used to this ring! (Page 2)
dreilly1
Mac Elite
Oct 22, 2002, 12:07 PM

I've been happily married for 3 1/2 years now.

When we first got our rings, my wife made it known that she never wanted me to take it off if I could help it. Ever. Not even at night. (She never takes hers off either, luckily we both work at a desk and don't have to take them off for work). Since I never really was a fan of rings to begin with, I knew that would take a lot of getting used to.

But, after a lot of "Yes, Dear"'s, I am used to it. It may seem weird to some, but it does have its advantages. Now, I never have to worry about forgetting where I left my ring in the house, like I always do with my keys.

Buck_Naked
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 24, 2002, 07:42 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Silky Voice of The Gorn:
[B]...the damn thing slips around a little, I'm worried its gonna fall off! sometimes its ok, but sometimes its loose. WTF.

Oops I meant this for the lounge! sorry! See, getting married has corrupted my fragile little mind!

I know just what you mean............
I too just got married
The ring feels strange, but great.
Just something to get used to.

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Oct 24, 2002, 09:18 AM

Originally posted by dreilly1:
But, after a lot of "Yes, Dear"'s, I am used to it. It may seem weird to some, but it does have its advantages. Now, I never have to worry about forgetting where I left my ring in the house, like I always do with my keys.
That's all well and good, but if you have any stones in your ring, you should take it off for washing dishes or cars, bathing, or anything else that involves immersing your hands in hot water. Thermal expansion can do nasty things to a setting, including making it just big enough that a stone slips out (metals, unfortunately, expand much faster than stone even though diamonds conduct heat very well). And, as I'm sure you realize, That Would Be Bad.

I'm not sure; maybe you have plain wedding bands (my fiancee and I are looking into a variation on this), and then you'd be off the hook (or on it, as the case may be). However, keep this in mind for things like engagement rings.
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 24, 2002, 09:30 AM

Originally posted by Millennium:

I'm not sure; maybe you have plain wedding bands (my fiancee and I are looking into a variation on this), and then you'd be off the hook (or on it, as the case may be). However, keep this in mind for things like engagement rings.
my wife and i have matching platinum bands for wedding rings. thats all. she doesnt have and didnt want a big diamond thing. i think it makes sense that our bands are matching.

ps. we've been married for like 3 and a half years. we had a REALLY hard time finding simple platinum bands, noone carried much of anything platinum at that point. the platinum thing really hadnt started at that point with all the rappers being down with the bling bling etc. we started that ****, yo. all those rapper fools should pay their respects to me.

ink
Mac Elite
Oct 24, 2002, 02:11 PM

Originally posted by scaught:
my wife and i have matching platinum bands for wedding rings. thats all. she doesnt have and didnt want a big diamond thing. i think it makes sense that our bands are matching.
My wife bought me a platinum band too. I really like it.

Todd Madson
Mac Elite
Oct 24, 2002, 05:02 PM

Married 7 years 5 months 4 days so far as I can tell.

I'm pretty happy, I can't really remember a time we weren't
together since we dated for EONS before we made it official.

Everyone wondered when the heck we were going to make it
official and we just finally did.

1 house, 2 cats, no kids yet, several computers, lots of fun.

valeriam01
Forum Regular
Oct 24, 2002, 10:22 PM

congrats, and it's nice to hear, specially since finding anyone you'd want to spend your life with looks more and more bleak these days...or maybe it's being at a women's college with only MIT men to date!

andi*pandi
Oct 25, 2002, 12:20 PM

come on valeriam, there's also Harvard!

10 years after college, thinking I avoided the "Simmons-MIT" relationship stereotype, last year I got married to an MIT alum... so the tradition continues.

hoping to start wearing my rings again soon... pregnancy forced em off me.

Forum Links
Forum Rules