Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > iSync Blues.....

iSync Blues.....
jparisi
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 28, 2002, 07:27 PM

I sync with .mac, T68, iPod and palm. for the first month or so i did it all fine. Now, on every sync, I receive this error and not all my stuff syncs :

Assertion Failed!
Expression: FoundedItemByIDiterator == m_ItemIDItemsMap.end()
File: Source/Mingler/Provider.cpp
Line: 146
Assertion failure: File Source/Mingler/Provider.cpp, Line 146: FoundedItemByIDiterator == m_ItemIDItemsMap.end()

Yes, i know its beta, but if there is a fix that someone knows of for this I would be very happy

Thanks Fellas

AJ
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 28, 2002, 07:37 PM

I have exactly the same problem.

I have reinstalled iSync beta, but have given up trouble shooting. I am sure it is not related to the phone.

It may be best to give up on iSync until it is finished.

AJ

ryarber
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 29, 2002, 02:30 AM

Originally posted by AJ:
I have exactly the same problem.

I have reinstalled iSync beta, but have given up trouble shooting. I am sure it is not related to the phone.

It may be best to give up on iSync until it is finished.

AJ
I'm having exactly the same problem also. Send feedback.

AJ
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 29, 2002, 01:50 PM

Have done.

I never really took to iSync or iCal anyway, so I don't exactly mourn the loss of the use of this software.

AJ

idparkinson
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 29, 2002, 02:29 PM

Try only one sunc at a time, that wahy you might be able to see if it's the palm, phone, iPod, etc...

Just a suggestion.
15" Flat Panel SuperDrive iMac
Indigo iBook
20GB iPod
5GB iPod

jparisi  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 29, 2002, 03:01 PM

Originally posted by idparkinson:
Try only one sunc at a time, that wahy you might be able to see if it's the palm, phone, iPod, etc...

Just a suggestion.
I've tried that...still no luck

Thanks for the input

Miniryu
Mac Elite
Nov 30, 2002, 05:21 AM

I should have know better than to trust software that does not let you control what gets changed and what doesn't (it does a damn good job at pretending!). Beta or not- you should be able to decide if you want to completely overwrite the data in a single location. My iCal and address book are all messed up with quadruple copies of the same entries.

I am not complaining: it is my fault for using software with no practical use other than to market .mac.

"Sing it again, rookie beyach."
My website

AJ
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 30, 2002, 09:20 AM

Originally posted by Miniryu:
I should have know better than to trust software that does not let you control what gets changed and what doesn't (it does a damn good job at pretending!). Beta or not- you should be able to decide if you want to completely overwrite the data in a single location. My iCal and address book are all messed up with quadruple copies of the same entries.

I am not complaining: it is my fault for using software with no practical use other than to market .mac.
The ironic thing about the beta is a the feature set. When I was looking at iSync at AppleExpo Paris, the preferences panel was stuffed with other options to control which was dominant over the other (e.g. T68i over iPod), % filling of memory, and other things too. Things that are almost esssential to the proper functioning of the software.

The beta has these stripped out: why, I don't know. Buggy, I guess.

aj

mh0ffmann
Forum Regular
Dec 13, 2002, 06:15 PM

After suffering with the problems described above (synching T68i w/ single list within Adress Book) I went into iSync, deleted the phone from the device list and synched again... seems to be working for now.

When's the non-beta version coming out?????

Mark
MacBookPro 15" / 2.16 GHz / 100 GB 7200 RPM / 1 Gb
White MacBook 13.3" / 1.8 GHz / 60GB / 1 Gb
PB 5300cs (!!!) 100 MHz / 750 Mb / 16 Mb

MickS
Senior User
Dec 14, 2002, 05:08 AM

Originally posted by Miniryu:
Why is it that if people have a bad experience with some software that they write it off completely?

iSync mostly works. It has one or two issues, especially regarding Palm and .Mac syncs. I stopped syncing to .Mac and that gave me reliable synchronization. The addressbook has an option to take a local backup and be able to restore from it. I made sure that I did this before adding a new device, then carried out the sync and restored from the backup if I had problems.

I use iSync on a daily basis to keep my iPod, T68i and Palm M505 in tune.

Forum Links
Forum Rules