Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Suggestions for iBook backpack for Child

Suggestions for iBook backpack for Child
rkv
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 28, 2003, 10:54 AM

I'm looking for recommendations from those of you who have small backpacks for the dual USB 12" ibook.

Most of the recommendations found in this forum are for backpacks which are more suitable for adults or teenagers. I'm looking for something which would work for a 7 year old to carry their iBook on an airplane.

Thanks,

TomHMeredith
Forum Regular
Jan 28, 2003, 07:21 PM

Hi

I'm afriad your choices may be limited. I assume you want a backpack that is smaller than usual?

Does your child already have a backpack? If they do, then the best solution may be to get a slip case for the 'book and carrying it like that. The strain caused by the weight of the 'book should not really be of any concern. A 7 year old should be able to cope without any problems.

Sorry couldn't be more help.

Tom.
What are you looking for? A signature?

smic
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 28, 2003, 10:35 PM

i work at toys r us, and there is some cool kids backpacks, they are pretty stiff to begin with, i wish they fit me

im in canada, so it could be different in different countries
w3rd..
surrey represent

arclight
Forum Regular
Jan 29, 2003, 12:31 AM

Ironically, I'm looking for a similar pack myself. Ebags.com has quite a few daypacks that would proabably fit quite well. There are pack dimensions on every page plus there are a few that are specifically designed for laptops.

Here's a link to some here

A daypack should be small enough for a 7 year old. Hope it helps-
---------------------------------------

andycroll
Jan 29, 2003, 07:05 AM

My advice is to get a normal backpack and then try...

www.thepouch.com

I'm very happy with mine.

Andy
Powerbook (G4-1GHz)
iPod mini (4GB)

Mac Zealot
Professional Poster
Jan 29, 2003, 06:41 PM

Why, exactly, does a 7 year old carry a laptop to school?
In a realm beyond site, the sky shines gold, not blue, there the Triforce's might makes mortal dreams come true.

rkv  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 29, 2003, 07:34 PM

Originally posted by Mac Zealot:
Why, exactly, does a 7 year old carry a laptop to school?
They actually carry them on airplanes. In particular, my family does several all day trips per year. My oldest actually logged 100,000 flying miles before he was one. In any event,
each of our children has an iBook for games and as a personal DVD player. They're are actually quite competitive in terms of price. And while a bit heavier. They have bigger screens and are of more use such as for educational software, games and the like. I strongly recommend that anyone who takes long flights or car trips think of getting one for such purposes. The reason for the backpack is I'm tired of carrying them all and am hoping that the oldest can start carrying his own, provided that I can find a backpack which does not fall off his shoulders. Thus, my search for the smallest.

Thusfar the link to eBags.com looks the most promissing in terms of choices.

andycroll
Jan 30, 2003, 05:50 AM

Originally posted by rkv:
They actually carry them on airplanes. In particular, my family does several all day trips per year. My oldest actually logged 100,000 flying miles before he was one. In any event,
each of our children has an iBook for games and as a personal DVD player.
I'm not sure I've ever flown that many miles!

Andy
Powerbook (G4-1GHz)
iPod mini (4GB)

Forum Links
Forum Rules