Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > had to reinstall X

had to reinstall X
mediacoop
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 4, 2003, 03:04 PM

i'm using 10.2.3 on a new pb 12" so it's probably a slightly different version of X. in any case i used themechanger the other day to install rhapsody and upon reboot today the system would not boot... got the question mark as though it could not see the system. just a word of warning for folks.

Stuphalina
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 4, 2003, 03:08 PM

Big thank you!

bOOzo
Addicted to Themes
Feb 4, 2003, 04:25 PM

It's probably the BootX file that is causing trouble. Try unchecking it and switch the theme again.

vipe
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 4, 2003, 11:30 PM

Originally posted by mediacoop:
i'm using 10.2.3 on a new pb 12" so it's probably a slightly different version of X. in any case i used themechanger the other day to install rhapsody and upon reboot today the system would not boot... got the question mark as though it could not see the system. just a word of warning for folks.
I had the same thing happen to me today. I previously had Rhapsody installed, and then installed BBX Mercury. I had to reboot today and got the flashing question mark. However, I booted in with the Mac OS 9 install CD, Control Panel->Startup Disk and selected the X hard drive and all was well.

Forum Links
Forum Rules