Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > JVC GR-DVM96U and iMovie 3 ?

JVC GR-DVM96U and iMovie 3 ?
nsxpower
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 6, 2003, 04:57 AM

Hi everybody,

A few friends of mine are going to come down over the weekend. One of them is bringing this camcorder JVC GR-DVM96U. My questions is wheither I will be able to get it to work with iMovie 3 and/or be able to import video from it to my Mac at all?

- JVC website has to be one of the worst websites out there. It is a pain to get any usefull information out of it. The description for the above mentioned camcorder does not even state wheither it used Firewire, USB ... I am not even sure if its Mini DV!?! It did tell me that it can take XG stills at 2xxx by 1xxx resolution using its 1.02MP tailored to video lense (I wonder how awfull those photos look like).

- I checked the iMovie compatability page and this camcorder is unfortunatelly not listed in there. But I know people have been able to get models not listed on the compatability pages to work.

Any help would be much appreciated.

carnagex2000
Forum Regular
Feb 6, 2003, 11:55 PM

it does not look like it is compatible (nor is it compatible in Final Cut Express). You can still use it, you just will have to use the camcorders play/stop/fast forward/rewind when you want to import/export footage (meaning you wont have remote control of the camcorder in iMovie)

nsxpower  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 7, 2003, 04:21 AM

I am sorry, but I am really not familiar with FCE or iMovie. For that matter, could you tell me exactly how I would work it with iMovie. If thats at all possible.

I might as well experiment, but I am not sure I am going to have the luxury of time. As I will have a two day worth of shooting to deal with in the space of 5-6 hours.

All I really want is to be able to import the footage! I can do the editing at a later time really, if I run low on time.

Forum Links
Forum Rules