Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Great bags for the 12"

Great bags for the 12"
GlobalNomad
Senior User
Mar 13, 2003, 05:04 AM

Hi,

I went to my local 'bag store' and they had some Tumi products. They are really great bags. The 'ballistic nylon' it is made out of stuff that can not be cut with a knife. My father has a Tumi bag that has lasted him 10 years and still looks pretty good.

The 'Lightweight Expandable Compact Computer Brief' Style 2661, fits the 12" powerbook perfectly. Its almost like the computer was designed to fit in the bag .

It has 3 outer pockets, 2 one one side and 1 on the other side. The two pockets on one side are firstly one is made for like notes or stick envelops (mail size). The other pocket on this side is a little bigger. It has a spot for two pens, PDA, Phone, and key chain.

The pocket on the other side, is very skinny. It is mostly designed so you can open the top of the pocket and the bottom of the pocket and place the handle of a 'carrie' on bag threw the open spot. So it is then attached to the roller.

It is expandable, the expandable pocket in the middle has space for a big text book and two notebooks in the 'divided' pockets.

The computer pocket fits the 12" just perfectly and is made in a sertain way that if you turn the bag upside down with the zip open a flap holds the computer in the bag. In side the computer pocket there is like a sub division for two discs and then a charger, or a book could be placed there.

The shoulder strap is shorter than I am used to however, it sits just above your hip (yeah kinda little longer than a hand bag ), but it has a very good strap and you can walk and walk and it does not hurt your back or shoulder. I usually find that some backpacks make my back feel uncomfortable.

The bag looks very stylish, however it doesn't look to 'flashy'. You can get the bag in either leather or 'Ballistic Nylon'.

I would give this bag 9.7 out of 10

The only down side is that the strap can't be made very long, however the store I went to said the could exchange it for a longer one if I wanted, however the shorter strap insures that your laptop doesn't take a pounding while you walk.

I'll post some 'action' photos tommorow after uni.

P.S.
What are some of the bags that you guys and girls use to carry around your 12" powerbook.

eevyl
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 13, 2003, 07:48 AM

I ordered with my 12" the Mobility Pack, that comes with a Kensington bag (with a beautifull Apple logo), I think the model is "SaddleBag". I love it, it can be used as a backpack, the 12" fits perfect, it is heavy protected in a special place inside the bag and has a front pocket that I use to place the mouse, my Palm and my mobile phone.

As I said, I love it

Parky
Mac Elite
Mar 13, 2003, 01:12 PM

I also bought a Tumi case for my 12" PB.
It's really just a sleeve, made from balistic nylon and very well padded.

The PB fits in perfectly, a really snug slideing fit, and it is held in via a wide velco / elastic strap.

I works great when I pack my PB in my backpack.

It's called a Slim Notebook Computer Insert and can be seen here :-

http://www.tumi.com/products/index.c...3_Link=Details

Cost $55

Ian
Computers - Au MacBook 2.4Ghz, iMac 24" 2.8Ghz Core 2 Duo
iPods - 5GB original iPod, 4GB nano - Red, 1GB 2G shuffle - Silver, 4GB 3G Shuffle - Black, 16GB touch, 16GB nano Red, 16GB iPhone 3G.
OSX User Since Public Beta, current OS 10.6.1, iTS UK purchases - 5377 songs.... and growing!
My website - www.idparkinson.co.uk

GlobalNomad  (op)
Senior User
Mar 13, 2003, 08:06 PM

That is one nice looking case. I really like the 'balistic nylon'. For there cases they also have leather versions, however they are about twice as much and are not as 'rugged'.

Originally posted by Parky:
I also bought a Tumi case for my 12" PB.
It's really just a sleeve, made from balistic nylon and very well padded.

The PB fits in perfectly, a really snug slideing fit, and it is held in via a wide velco / elastic strap.

I works great when I pack my PB in my backpack.

It's called a Slim Notebook Computer Insert and can be seen here :-

http://www.tumi.com/products/index.c...3_Link=Details

Cost $55

Ian

ATC Ken
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 19, 2003, 12:19 AM

Check out this link for waterfield designs (sfbags) cases. I have one of these sleeve cases for my ibook and it is incredible. They now have a slightly smaller sleeve case for the 12" pb.

http://www.sfbags.com/

Ken

Forum Links
Forum Rules