Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Male Circumcision

View Poll Results: Have you been circumcised?
Poll Options:
No 87 votes (50.00%)
Yes 83 votes (47.70%)
Yes, had it done later on in life rather than as an infant 4 votes (2.30%)
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll
Male Circumcision
engaged
Location: Close to the sea and a place with a big, big castle...
Mar 28, 2003, 05:06 AM

I'm curious, and thought I'd add to the varied polls being undertaken at the moment in The Lounge.
( Last edited by engaged; Mar 28, 2003 at 07:32 AM. )

Nicko
Professional Poster
Mar 28, 2003, 05:10 AM

Um, why would you have it done as an adult? Just curious.

BTW what is the next poll going to be? Do you piss standing up or sitting down?

tintub
Mac Elite
Mar 28, 2003, 05:49 AM

In my (extensive) experience, American Men and men over 30 are usually circumcised. Younger men and boys are usually intact and unbrutalised (provided they aren't jewish etc.). Having said that, girls often prefer circumcised because there is nowhere for nasty stuff to hide. However, if you wash regularly and are not some dirty pondlife scum, the intact is definitely the way to be

ShotgunEd
Mac Elite
Mar 28, 2003, 07:13 AM

I think penises (or is that penii?) look better with foreskin.

Hmm, is this too personal a conversation?

Besides sex is more pleasurable with.

forkies
Mac Elite
Mar 28, 2003, 07:35 AM

I:

1) am cut, 2) wish i wasn't, 3) and love it when guys aren't (like my bf )

Mystical, magical, amazing! | Part 2 | The spread of Christianity is our goal. -Railroader

Mark Tungston
Mac Elite
Mar 28, 2003, 08:13 AM

my wanker skin does make sex feel better as well as when whacking it to some Aria�

my gf likes to play with the skin a bit when messing around. thinks it's interesting i guess
snappy

davesimondotcom
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 28, 2003, 10:31 AM

Originally posted by Nicko:
Conversion to Judaism possibly?
[ sig removed - image host changed it to a big ad picture ]

wataru
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 28, 2003, 10:38 AM

Originally posted by forkies:
I:

1) am cut, 2) wish i wasn't, 3) and love it when guys aren't (like my bf )
1) Me too, 2) me too, 3) not applicable

Female circumcision, by the way, is abhorrent.

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 28, 2003, 10:59 AM

This is a barbaric practice, based largely on old religious beliefs. Fortunately, it is becoming less common.
Why is there always money for war, but none for education?

LeftWingLock
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 28, 2003, 11:22 AM

I'm cut, as are both my boys, I don't feel like I'm missing anything, and I don't see what the big deal is.
Half The People I Know Are Below Average

Yoda's Erotic Piggyback
Banned
Mar 28, 2003, 11:48 AM

I think cut wee wee's look totally nasty, you can see this nasty scar line and colour change.

All the guys that I know that are cut hate it.

MrNo
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 28, 2003, 12:03 PM

That's because u don't know how good sex is when ur not circumcised

Originally posted by LeftWingLock:
I'm cut, as are both my boys, I don't feel like I'm missing anything, and I don't see what the big deal is.

dampeoples
Mac Elite
Mar 28, 2003, 12:27 PM

What ancient religion mandated that men get cut? My boy and I are both cut.

sworthy
Mac Elite
Mar 28, 2003, 12:28 PM

wow... and here I was going my entire life thinking like 99% were circumcised

daimoni
Occasionally Quoted
Mar 28, 2003, 12:50 PM

( Last edited by daimoni; Jul 6, 2004 at 07:53 PM. )

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Mar 28, 2003, 01:16 PM

Yep, but I was a baby.

Edit: Oh, wait, I found a better one on the iDisk:

I knew all those would come in handy.

Sven G
Professional Poster
Mar 28, 2003, 01:36 PM

Originally posted by KarlG:
This is a barbaric practice, based largely on old religious beliefs. Fortunately, it is becoming less common.

The strange thing is that people - at least in Europe - seem to take female "infibulation" (as practized, for example, by some indigenous African tribes) as something utterly terrible (it is, of course); but never has the male equivalent been object of such a (valid, of course) criticism!

... Must be the Hebrew "lobby" - or simply the fact that "poor", African women are much easier to concentrate on as some form of "reverse" scapegoating than the barbarisms of some of our own, western societies...

The freedom of all is essential to my freedom. - Mikhail Bakunin

PJW
Forum Regular
Mar 28, 2003, 03:22 PM

Circumcised and loving it!

I look at circumcision as a kind of liberation. Uncircumcised penii (nice plural, BTW) look sad and depressed, all wrapped up in ugly folds of skin. But a circumcised penis looks footloose and fancy free, ready to take on whatever the world might throw at it! I respect the circumcised penis.
Your services as a citizen, we regret to inform you, are no longer required.

keekeeree
Mac Elite
Location: Moved from Ohio's first capital to its current capital
Mar 28, 2003, 03:29 PM

Circumcised and wouldn't want it any other way.

And don't give me that b.s. about sex being better...I'm lovin' it and so is she

[edit: had to thow a smiley in for good measure)
( Last edited by keekeeree; Mar 28, 2003 at 04:02 PM. )

bradoesch
Professional Poster
Mar 28, 2003, 03:36 PM

Originally posted by sworthy:
wow... and here I was going my entire life thinking like 99% were circumcised
Same here.

designbc
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 28, 2003, 03:45 PM

Originally posted by PJW:

Uncircumcised penii (nice plural, BTW) look sad and depressed, all wrapped up in ugly folds of skin.
I'd say PROTECTED. That's the way mother nature designed it for very good reasons.

cenutrio
Mac Elite
Mar 28, 2003, 03:49 PM

I guess i have "no personality"

l'ignorante
Mac Elite
Mar 28, 2003, 04:52 PM

When I was a kid heard the story alot of NAZI's coming to the schools in our town (Amsterdam) and asking all the boys-during class- to drop their pants, the circumcised (Jews) were taken and ended up in a concentration camp.
Circumcision did not seem so desirable.

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 28, 2003, 05:31 PM

Originally posted by Nicko:

BTW what is the next poll going to be? Do you piss standing up or sitting down?
A person having a condition called phimosis, a narrowing so that the foreskin cannot be pushed back over the glans penis. In some idividuals they get infections of the glans. The condition is treated by circumcision!

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 28, 2003, 05:42 PM

I was circumcised as an infant, it was just the expected thing to do with a male child. I don't think that there was any discussion about it like there is today,

As a nurse I've taken care of patients that have been circumcised as an adult. It's more painful for an adult. I have also worked in a nursery and assisted the OB/GYN physician performing the circumcision. The infant cries related to being restrained during the procedure, protection of the infant. Afterwards the infant is fine!

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill

BlackGriffen
Professional Poster
Mar 28, 2003, 05:44 PM

Originally posted by Sven G:

The strange thing is that people - at least in Europe - seem to take female "infibulation" (as practized, for example, by some indigenous African tribes) as something utterly terrible (it is, of course); but never has the male equivalent been object of such a (valid, of course) criticism!

... Must be the Hebrew "lobby" - or simply the fact that "poor", African women are much easier to concentrate on as some form of "reverse" scapegoating than the barbarisms of some of our own, western societies...
I'd say that it's possibly because male circumcision loses the foreskin. Female takes off the clit. From what I understand, that's roughly equivalent to losing the head of the penis.

BlackGriffen

P.S. The plural of penis in Latin would be penises or penes, depending on something about the third declension that I honestly never figured out. Penii is just wrong on so many levels.

Interesting tidbit: vagina is latin for scabbard.

Yoda's Erotic Piggyback
Banned
Mar 28, 2003, 05:52 PM

Originally posted by dampeoples:
What ancient religion mandated that men get cut? My boy and I are both cut.
Why get cut for any reason?

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 28, 2003, 05:56 PM

As I mentioned above there are health reasons, to prevent infection is one!

macvillage.net
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 28, 2003, 06:01 PM

Ugh...

Penis infection is dirtier than AIDS or Herpies or any VD.

That's a sign of complete lack of proper higene.

Just gross.

Oswald Defense Lawyer
Banned
Mar 28, 2003, 06:30 PM

Circumcision is perhaps useful for people with low standards of hygiene who live it hot countries, but for the rest of the world it's completely useless, if not barbaric.

Having a foreskin protects the head of the penis, making it more sensitive - and sex more enjoyable. The circumcized have 30% less sensitivity.

clod
Senior User
Mar 28, 2003, 07:20 PM

I had to get one when I was 8 for medical reasons. Hurt like hell!

Dex13
Mac Elite
Mar 28, 2003, 07:27 PM

Originally posted by clod:
I had to get one when I was 8 for medical reasons. Hurt like hell!
Seriously?
what for?

clod
Senior User
Mar 28, 2003, 07:59 PM

Originally posted by Dex13:
Seriously?
what for?
I think it was phimosis, but I'm not sure.

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 28, 2003, 10:08 PM

Originally posted by clod:
I think it was phimosis, but I'm not sure.
Most likely that was the cause. Without the surgery you more likely to have infections. Sorry for the pain, now you can imagine how it felt to Abraham!

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 28, 2003, 11:08 PM

Originally posted by wdlove:
As I mentioned above there are health reasons, to prevent infection is one!
Actually, phimosis occurs in a relatively small percentage of the population. The reason most infections occur is because of a lack of personal hygiene! In Germany, the only people who are circumcised are Jewish; certainly the vast majority of the population doesn't live with infections their entire lives.
Why is there always money for war, but none for education?

bleuvixen
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 28, 2003, 11:18 PM

I look at circumcision as a kind of liberation. Uncircumcised penii (nice plural, BTW) look sad and depressed, all wrapped up in ugly folds of skin. But a circumcised penis looks footloose and fancy free, ready to take on whatever the world might throw at it! I respect the circumcised penis.
"foot loose and fancy free" almost made me spit soda all over the moniter it was so funny. i dont have a penis but i have only seen cut ones. dont know what i would do with one that wasnt....well yeah i guess i do

Ozmodiar
Mac Elite
Mar 28, 2003, 11:38 PM

Originally posted by Oswald Defense Lawyer:
The circumcized have 30% less sensitivity.
76% of all statistics are made up.

jckalen
Senior User
Mar 29, 2003, 12:20 AM

Having a foreskin protects the head of the penis, making it more sensitive - and sex more enjoyable. The circumcized have 30% less sensitivity.
Exactly how do they come up with these figures? Did they take an uncut guy, test him sexually, cut him and test him again? And did he say, "well, that was ok but it was 30% better before."? How do you uncut guys know it's better?

I have been with women who have had uncut boyfriends in the past - most described the extra skin as "weird" and often tasting pungent. I cannot speak on behalf of their cleanliness but anything associated with schmegma cannot be all that great.

Also, keep in mind that most of us helmet heads had no choice in the matter - so keep your smug little "30% greater pleasure" theories to yourselves until you are prepared to back them with cold, hard science!
It looks just like a telefunken' U-47 - Zappa

Superchicken
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 29, 2003, 12:24 AM

OK first of all I'm not cut, second of all "barbaric"? What the heck are you people on!? It's foreskin! It's not like you're lopping off a finger, foreskin provides a small bit of sexual pleasure and is a cancer risk that's it. Also studdies suggest that some sensitivity might be lost on the Penis... big freakin deal I think I could loose 90% of the feeling and still feel uncomfortable if I get an errection in class or something.

It's soo freaking not barbaric, the only reason I wasn't is cause my uncle had a bad incident with the knife so my dad wasn't and neither was I.
Acctually I gota say I think I had those infections I remember when I was little my mom kept telling me that I had to push my foreskin back otherwise it would close up and cause a lot of pain later... hence...I think I simply delt with it the way people used to... I remember having to take baths with salts and stuff before... man... yet another reason I'm glad I'm addopting kids... I HATE MY GENES! hahaha

But yeah... honestly it's not barbaric now that I think about it, I probably should have gotten cut, if I addopt a son then I'll probably just end up taking him to a doctor if he gets any problems like I had when I was a kid... but that was really really painful and I still have a small part of skin that connects to the head where the rest doesn't.

By the way it was an OT law that men had to be circumcized as babies, and it was probably along the same lines as the don't eat pigs thing, keep them clean and from having infections when they were young. Not to mention it was a outward symbol of a dedication to God and what not.

But like I said anyone who thinks it's barbaric needs to look up the deffinition of barbaric and shut up until they stop exadurating.

3gg3
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 29, 2003, 12:41 AM

LOL � most posts here seem to assume the uncut penis is always "all folds". Not So!! It's like a convertible: Top Up for practicality, Top Down for turbo fun in all its sporting glory

And more than one of my old gf's were mesmerized, almost obsessed, with the "uncocooning" process

ambush
Banned
Mar 29, 2003, 12:43 AM

That's one of the most ridiculous/meaningless/insipid post I've read in my life.

BTW, the skin is there because if Evolution. If it was bad, it would not be there, Gosh.

ambush
Banned
Mar 29, 2003, 12:45 AM

he circumcized have 30% less sensitivity.
Originally posted by Ozmodiar:
76% of all statistics are made up.
Is that a statistic? Get a dictionary please.

Moreover, why is it so hard to wash your frickin DICK?

PJW
Forum Regular
Mar 29, 2003, 01:02 AM

Originally posted by ambush:
That's one of the most ridiculous/meaningless/insipid post I've read in my life.

BTW, the skin is there because if Evolution. If it was bad, it would not be there, Gosh.
I wasn't being serious. I mean, I described a circumcised penis as being "footloose and fancy free", for Pete's sake! How many serious people do you know that talk like that?

Lighten up, fella!

PJW
Forum Regular
Mar 29, 2003, 01:09 AM

Originally posted by designbc:
I'd say PROTECTED. That's the way mother nature designed it for very good reasons.
Interesting. I've never heard this about the foreskin before. What is it protecting the penis from?

NeXTLoop
Senior User
Mar 29, 2003, 01:17 AM

Originally posted by wdlove:
Most likely that was the cause. Without the surgery you more likely to have infections. Sorry for the pain, now you can imagine how it felt to Abraham!
Forget Abraham! After he got circumcised, he circumcised all the men in his camp. Does anyone know how old he was when this occured??? In the neighborhood of 90!!!! And they did it with flint knives!

Hope his hands were still steady....

designbc
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 29, 2003, 01:36 AM

Interesting. I've never heard this about the foreskin before. What is it protecting the penis from?
Well, if you have a penis, imagine yourself running naked in the forest trying to hunt an animal. Do you imagine how many things your penis will find on it's way (or should it be HIS way?)
Or do you think men have used silk boxers since the beginning of the evolution?

BlackGriffen
Professional Poster
Mar 29, 2003, 01:37 AM

For starters, friction from your clothes.

BG

Superchicken
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 29, 2003, 02:08 AM

Originally posted by designbc:
Well, if you have a penis, imagine yourself running naked in the forest trying to hunt an animal. Do you imagine how many things your penis will find on it's way (or should it be HIS way?)
Or do you think men have used silk boxers since the beginning of the evolution?
Cause after all we're sooo certain of evolution arn't we?

Anyway yeah the foreskin goes away when you get an errection guys.

tintub
Mac Elite
Mar 29, 2003, 02:53 AM

Originally posted by Superchic[k]en:
Cause after all we're sooo certain of evolution arn't we?
Oh god let's not rehash this topic. You are a bloody loony if you aren't so certain of evolution.

Originally posted by Superchic[k]en:
But yeah... honestly it's not barbaric now that I think about it, I probably should have gotten cut, if I addopt a son then I'll probably just end up taking him to a doctor if he gets any problems like I had when I was a kid... but that was really really painful and I still have a small part of skin that connects to the head where the rest doesn't.
I hate to say it, but if you are talking about the bit of skin on the underside that attaches to the head, then you are NORMAL. Everyone has that. Some people even pierce it (I believe it is called your fremen??)

Of course, if you have another bit of skin attached that you are talking about, then you are a FREAK and you should put your penis back into your pants and never take it out again.

I Bent My Wookiee
Mac Elite
Mar 29, 2003, 03:47 AM

Originally posted by jckalen:
Exactly how do they come up with these figures? Did they take an uncut guy, test him sexually, cut him and test him again? And did he say, "well, that was ok but it was 30% better before."? How do you uncut guys know it's better?
Trust me, gay guys know how those suckers work and I call tell you that all my cut boyfriends aren't stimulated by some of the things that would make an uncut cry scream out to the heavens

"Barwaraaawww"

Forum Links
Forum Rules