Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > Suggestion for local design site?

Suggestion for local design site?
dadder
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 18, 2003, 08:06 PM

http://www.openelementsgroup.com
Can everyone critique my site and let me know what I can do to improve it or attract local designers to it without spending too much $$$?
I guess if that question was answerable, life would be too easy.
Anyway, it's a site 'directory', although I hate that word, for all design related services in our area. This site easily services an area of 500,000 residents, not much, but enough to support the site. The question is, how can I build traffic?
ALSO, I am trying very hard to find a good free message board. I don't like the one that I currently have. I really like MacNN's message board, but would cost me $6/mo. Fairly cheap, but FREE would be better
Please critique!!!
Post here, or send comments to:
[email protected]
You may sign up to be listed, it's free!!! Even if your not local, we accept outsiders. We're nice that way.

Rainy Day
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 19, 2003, 01:53 PM

On Things Webmastering you can find links to BBS packages, as well as links to HTML validators. Your page doesn't have a DOCTYPE, which it should if you want it to render properly on the largest variety of browsers. Look at the Search Engine area for info on promoting your site.

Forum Links
Forum Rules