Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > Managerial Tips

Managerial Tips
::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
May 29, 2003, 05:54 PM

Got this sent to me today. Thought it fit quite well in my job, so I thought I'd share. I'm sure you all can relate.

----------------

Managerial Tips
Twelve Tips from Junior Employees to Senior Managers on: "How to Enhance their Relationship with Staff"

1. Never give me work in the morning. Always wait until 4:30pm and then bring it to me. The challenge of a deadline is refreshing.

2. If it's really a "rush job," run in and interrupt me every 10 minutes to inquire how it's going. That helps.

3. Always leave without telling anyone where you're going. It gives me a chance to be creative when someone asks where you are.

4. If my arms are full of papers, boxes, books or supplies, don't open the door for me. I need to learn how to function as a paraplegic and opening doors is good training.

5. If you give me more than one job to do, don't tell me which is the priority. Let me guess.

6. Do your best to keep me late. I like the office and really have nowhere to go or anything to do.

7. If a job I do pleases you, keep it a secret. Leaks like that could cost me a promotion.

8. If you don't like my work, tell everyone. I like my name to be popular in conversation.

9. If you have special instructions for a job, don't write them down. In fact, save them until the job is almost done.

10. Never introduce me to the people you're with. When you refer to them later, my shrewd deductions will identify them.

11. Be nice to me only when the job I'm doing for you could really change your life.

12. Tell me all your little problems. No one else has any and it's nice to know someone is less fortunate.

sethwrks
May 30, 2003, 10:50 AM

I think you and I used to work for the same company. It sure sounds like them!

gadster
Mac Elite
Jun 3, 2003, 10:56 AM

So *that's* what they teach at MBA school.
e-gads

art_director
Professional Poster
Jun 6, 2003, 11:05 AM

that list gets a warm round of applause.

DesignerTerp
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 6, 2003, 11:28 AM

HA!
My boss does some of those things.
He is infamous for Nos. 1 and 3!

bushwhacker
Jun 6, 2003, 12:29 PM

Best list ever, dude (a la Mr. Littlejeans)

a couple to add, perhaps:

1. Don't get to work before 10am. It's not good to rush yourself, and no one needs to ask you anything.

2. Stop taking the blame for things on your own. If I do something you told me to do, and it's wrong, isn't it really MY fault?

Here's to working for yourself!

when you look this good, you don't have to know anything

Timo
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 6, 2003, 01:17 PM

Forum Links
Forum Rules