Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > anyone get php-4.1.0 running?

anyone get php-4.1.0 running?
jmcarlin
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 11, 2001, 08:32 PM

I'm knee-deep in namespace woes trying to get php-4.1.0 to compile. I've tried both forcing flat_namespace and removing -undefined suppress and replacing that with -bundle_loader /usr/sbin/httpd

Here's a snippet from the latest configure (where I've been focusing). Any ideas on what to change?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1"face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial">code:</font><HR><pre><font size=1 face=courier>
darwin* | rhapsody*)
allow_undefined_flag='-undefined suppress'
# FIXME: Relying on posixy $() will cause problems for
# cross-compilation, but unfortunately the echo tests do not
# yet detect zsh echo's removal of \ escapes.
archive_cmds='$CC $(test .$module = .yes && echo -bundle &#0124;&#0124; echo -dynamiclib
) $allow_undefined_flag -o $lib $libobjs $deplibs $linkopts -install_name $rpath
/$soname $(test -n <font color = red>"$verstring"</font> -a x$verstring != x0.<font color = blue>0</font> && echo $verstring)'
# We need to add '_' to the symbols in $export_symbols first
#archive_expsym_cmds=<font color = red>"$archive_cmds"</font>' && strip -s $export_symbols'
hardcode_direct=yes
hardcode_shlibpath_var=no
whole_archive_flag_spec='-all_load $convenience'
;;
</font>[/code]

Watson
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 16, 2001, 01:25 PM

Originally posted by jmcarlin:
I'm knee-deep in namespace woes trying to get php-4.1.0 to compile. I've tried both forcing flat_namespace and removing -undefined suppress and replacing that with -bundle_loader /usr/sbin/httpd

Here's a snippet from the latest configure (where I've been focusing). Any ideas on what to change?
&lt;snip&gt;
I believe this is an issue with libtool: libtool includes some of the libraries twice, because of the way Darwin parses variables, then when it goes to link them, even if you have found a way to force the flat namespace, you get multiple definitions, which makes the ld process bomb. I have seen a few messages on the mozilla development site, but I haven't yet figured out how to patch the libtool that php produces. It should be relatively simple to do, but alas, I am not a professional developer (I just do work with PHP/MySQL), and reading through the libtool code makes me dizzy.

Anyone got a fix for php4.1.0 libtool? (Sorry if this is OT)

[ 12-16-2001: Message edited by: Watson ]

Forum Links
Forum Rules