Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > 125mph in the SVX (vid clip enclosed)

125mph in the SVX (vid clip enclosed) (Page 2)
boardsurfer
Jun 18, 2003, 11:06 PM

the engine sounded cool at 115mph

iT4c0
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 18, 2003, 11:21 PM

i've done 125 on my 2000 Jetta VR6. I got pulled over by the police but I got away with a speed ticket. It was very close.

tikki
Mac Elite
Jun 18, 2003, 11:57 PM

Originally posted by Spheric Harlot:
You're outta line, Ca$h.
What else is new?

work: maczealots blog: carpeaqua

l008com
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 19, 2003, 12:48 AM

My blazer has an off road package and therefor is electronically limited to 93 MPH. But it sure gets right up there no problem. I imagine with a stock motor and stock gears, a blazer extreme can eazily get past 120 MPH. The idea of getting someone in trouble because they speed, is absolutely ridiculous. I've done 110 MPH up route 95 from Woburn to New Hampshire and back for work in two different brand new Cadillacs in the middle of the day. He's right about doing it at night too,if its an open area, night is the best time becuase no one is out there, and you can see other cars from miles away. I've been looking into a 2000 6spd Audi S4. I don't know how fast it goes but my record from Stoneham to Derry (driveway to driveway) is about 30 minutes.... I bet I could best that in an S4!

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 19, 2003, 01:04 AM

Originally posted by NoMoreBanning68:
You mean the kind where a bunch of non car people come in and pretend to be high and mighty?

Yeah, I guess we do.

And yeah, I am cool.

- Rob
non car people?

i wouldnt drive a car 120 mph anywhere but a race track or somewhere thats INTENDED FOR THAT PURPOSE.

of course, youre just an *******. and unwilling to listen to anyone elses reasoning because it doesnt suit your desires.

maybe i should become a VIGILANTE and shoot people who like to speed in their cars.

Teronzhul
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 19, 2003, 02:45 AM

Originally posted by l008com:
My blazer has an off road package and therefor is electronically limited to 93 MPH. But it sure gets right up there no problem. I imagine with a stock motor and stock gears, a blazer extreme can eazily get past 120 MPH. The idea of getting someone in trouble because they speed, is absolutely ridiculous. I've done 110 MPH up route 95 from Woburn to New Hampshire and back for work in two different brand new Cadillacs in the middle of the day. He's right about doing it at night too,if its an open area, night is the best time becuase no one is out there, and you can see other cars from miles away. I've been looking into a 2000 6spd Audi S4. I don't know how fast it goes but my record from Stoneham to Derry (driveway to driveway) is about 30 minutes.... I bet I could best that in an S4!
You might wanna get your speedo checked out. I believe all blazers/s10s and so on are limited at 98mph, not 93, and I doubt the off road package (ZR2 I assume) has anything to do with it. My 96 S10 reads about 96 mph when the speed limiter kicks in. Coincidence I suppose. Stock gears are 3.08 and .78 final for the tranny (.70 for the auto) so yeah, you could easily surpass 120. I think I did the math once and theoretical max was actually somewhere in the low 140mph range. I doubt the engine in stock form could actually push the truck that far in overdrive though. Acceleration nearing 100 mph is slow enough with 175 hp. The Blazer Xtreme would suffer similar problems I think with 180hp. I wish they put the L35 from the SS and ZR2 in all the trucks, not sure why they dont... It might do it anyway... I'm just not sure. Bought a hypertech a while back to reprogram, got it for a 98+ though, damn ebay. Seller said it was for 96-00, turned out to be 98-00. Sold it and haven't gotten another to play with.

dillerX
Professional Poster
Jun 19, 2003, 05:44 AM

After reading this thread, my penis is larger.
I tried to sig-spam the forums.
ADVANTAGE Motorsports Marketing, Inc. • speedXdesign, Inc.

l008com
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 19, 2003, 08:12 AM

Blazers have 190 HP and like 250 or so ft-lbs of torque. And the off road pacakge would be different, I have 31" tires, lifted suspension and a locking differential with a different ratio than all other blazers.

Zimphire
Baninated
Jun 19, 2003, 09:53 AM

Originally posted by sealobo:
we are having a car thread developed like this one every week. why?
Obviously there are a lot of car enthusiasts in the forum. This is the lounge.

Oh, and while I don't always agree with Rob, or his actions, the hall monitors need to go play in the sand box or something. The pettiness is getting silly.

IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Jun 19, 2003, 10:06 AM

Originally posted by Zimphire:
Obviously there are a lot of car enthusiasts in the forum. This is the lounge.

Oh, and while I don't always agree with Rob, or his actions, the hall monitors need to go play in the sand box or something. The pettiness is getting silly.

(me doesn't want the wrath of the responsible when I post 150+mph movie of the Z06)
ice

Kilbey
Baninated
Jun 19, 2003, 10:15 AM

**SNIP**

Hey Matsu, in 2nd grade, when you tattled on one of the kids in your class, did you get an erection? Just wondering.

- Rob
Rob, I think that is the funniest thing I has read in weeks. My dog looked at me funny I was laughing so hard.

dampeoples
Mac Elite
Jun 19, 2003, 10:20 AM

My blazer has an off road package and therefor is electronically limited to 93 MPH. But it sure gets right up there no problem.
4.3L? Both of my trucks ('00 Blazer & '95 Sonoma) are limited to this speed, both 2WD
I was told there was a chip that would stop that, let it go to 120 or something, but that's not necessary. I did 125+ on a buddy's CBR1000 once, that's enough for me.

Edit: Whoops, didn't read the replies
My GPS states that my max is 93.3.

things
Jun 19, 2003, 11:03 AM

Originally posted by Kilbey:
Rob, I think that is the funniest thing I has read in weeks. My dog looked at me funny I was laughing so hard.
really funny

Zimphire
Baninated
Jun 19, 2003, 11:13 AM

Yeah I got a chuckle out of that one as well.

Only because it seems to be true.

memento
Mac Elite
Jun 19, 2003, 11:13 AM

Originally posted by iT4c0:
i've done 125 on my 2000 Jetta VR6. I got pulled over by the police but I got away with a speed ticket. It was very close.
Jettas are cool. I did 120+ in my dad's 1988 base model jetta (speedo pegged if I remember). Now that I look back it was night, the road was not straight, and there was a forest on both sides. I was stupid (and lucky). Never did that again, thank goodness. But I also pegged the speedo on a Mazda RX7 (around the same time, 1988) on an interstate. I have no clue how fast it was, but the 2 exits were 20 miles apart. I thought we timed in somewhere between 5-7 minutes, but I still can't believe that (do the math ). Numbers don't matter - it was nucking futs.

I got lucky, but anyone who pushes their luck is asking for it. If you crack up it's called an "accident" because something happened that you did not expect. Keep doing it and you will get hurt or killed. No matter how good you think your tires/car/reflexes/whatever are.

I love Subaru's - always wanted an SVX. they kick.
"Destroy your ego. Trust your brain. Destroy your beliefs. Trust your divinity." -Danny Carey

MacPro Quad 2.66, G4 MDD dual 867, 23" Cinema Display and 17" LCD, G4 Quicksilver dual 800, 12" Powerbook 867, iMac 300 Grape, B&W G3/300 with G4/450 running yellowdog, iPod 5GB, iPod mini, PowerCenter 150, Powercenter 132 tower, Performa 6116, Quadra 700, MacSE, LC II, eMate 300

l008com
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 19, 2003, 12:33 PM

Originally posted by dampeoples:
4.3L? Both of my trucks ('00 Blazer & '95 Sonoma) are limited to this speed, both 2WD
I was told there was a chip that would stop that, let it go to 120 or something, but that's not necessary. I did 125+ on a buddy's CBR1000 once, that's enough for me.

Yeah thats right where mine cuts out. It can be a pain sometimes when you're trying to pass on the highway, but still i figure with the big tires I have I might as well leave the limitation in place. A blowout on a truck with 31" tires and 15" wheels means it is going to be VERY off balance, much more so than a simple SVX would be if it had a blowout on its, what 17's?

Matsu
Mac Elite
Jun 19, 2003, 01:44 PM

Hey Matsu, in 2nd grade, when you tattled on one of the kids in your class, did you get an erection? Just wondering.

You see, there's a difference, when I want to show off my package, I show it, when you want to show off yours, you show a speedometer and a set of tires instead. I guess we don't have to wonder too much about the nature of our respective erections.

And anyway, car as penis extender is really the wrong idiom, do you want to tell the chicks, look at how fast I am?
Apple: bumping prices, not specs.

tikki
Mac Elite
Jun 19, 2003, 01:50 PM

Originally posted by Matsu:
I guess we don't have to wonder too much about the nature of our respective erections.
neither of you touch nsfg

Teronzhul
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 19, 2003, 01:56 PM

Originally posted by dampeoples:

Does a lot more than just raise the speedo. Incredibly useful if you have any intentions on doing any future drivetrain modification.

http://www.hypertech.com/programmer.html

Matsu
Mac Elite
Jun 19, 2003, 02:03 PM

Originally posted by tikki:
neither of you touch nsfg

Mrs. Naked stick figure guy must be a very happy (if slightly sore) lady.

dampeoples
Mac Elite
Jun 19, 2003, 02:03 PM

Originally posted by Teronzhul:
Does a lot more than just raise the speedo. Incredibly useful if you have any intentions on doing any future drivetrain modification.

http://www.hypertech.com/programmer.html
I'll get back to you with a 125MPH run, caught on tape
Nah, I'm not touching the Blazer, I just get to wash that (gee, thanks Terry), and the Sonoma has 125k, I'll just be satisfied with the fat tires, wheels, and the boat in tow

NoMoreBanning68  (op)
Baninated
Jun 19, 2003, 03:05 PM

Originally posted by Teronzhul:
The Blazer Xtreme would suffer similar problems I think with 180hp.
I saw a modded Xtreme at the dragstrip once. UDP. Header. Intake. Cam gears. Flywheel. Sticky tires. Ran a 17.5 or something. Pretty XTREME.

Trucks are trucks, I don't know why chevy made one with a bodykit.

- Ca$h

NoMoreBanning68  (op)
Baninated
Jun 19, 2003, 03:07 PM

>bows< I thought it was well put.

- Ca$h

NoMoreBanning68  (op)
Baninated
Jun 19, 2003, 03:10 PM

....much more so than a simple SVX would be if it had a blowout on its, what 17's?
16s. I actually had a blowout on the highway here, at about 68mph.... the back passenger side blew out, so I had to crawl to the next exit, put on the highway spare, then the next day I drove out to sears and bought my new tires (the ones on there now).

- Rob

NoMoreBanning68  (op)
Baninated
Jun 19, 2003, 03:13 PM

You see, there's a difference, when I want to show off my package, I show it, when you want to show off yours, you show a speedometer and a set of tires instead. I guess we don't have to wonder too much about the nature of our respective erections.
Eh.... I just like cars. My penis is fine. I'm not Ron Jeremy, but I'm above average, so >shrug<

- Ca$h

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 19, 2003, 03:17 PM

Well ca$h, at any rate your designated target for this thread doesn't seem to be too interested.

Zimphire
Baninated
Jun 19, 2003, 03:54 PM

tikki
Mac Elite
Jun 19, 2003, 04:11 PM

Matsu
Mac Elite
Jun 19, 2003, 05:07 PM

Funny you should say that, I read somewhere that gay men, on average, have slightly larger penii than straight men, do you think that's a form of penance, or is God just funny?

Hey look, it's buddy Jesus. haha

Forum Links
Forum Rules