Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Appz can't access other partitons

Appz can't access other partitons
Heman
Aug 13, 2003, 11:53 AM

I know in OSX I have to put all my personally stuffs in my home folder, but if I put them in other partitions, it seems that no applications other than Finder will be able to access them. Say if I wanna open a file in word, all I can see are only those folders in my Home folder.

I admit I'm a bit old fashioned (I still prefer the calssic way) But I'm just trying to simulate the old way of working. Can some experts here help?

version
Mac Elite
Aug 13, 2003, 12:54 PM

You should be able to see all your partitions. In the open/save dialogue, you might have to navigate to the root of your computer and then you'll see all your drives/partitions, and then navigate through them to where your file is saved. You could make a favourite to them as well.
A Jew with a view.

Forum Links
Forum Rules