Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > Few DVD burning and backup questions

Few DVD burning and backup questions
dazzla
Senior User
Aug 11, 2003, 11:45 AM

Hiya, I recently bought these DVD's on the recommendation of a friend and they only seem to work on my PowerBook and PC when playing burnt DVD movies, they don't work in my XBox or my DVD player.

Does anyone know of any problem with these?

Secondly, I used DVD Backup to backup one of my DVD's but when I tried to copy the entire disc with DVD2OneX I could only do it in Movie mode, when trying to do a whole disc copy I got this error message:

For full diskcopy you need to copy all files from the DVD in file mode.

How do I fix that?
( Last edited by dazzla; Aug 11, 2003 at 11:50 AM. )

Jansar
Professional Poster
Aug 16, 2003, 01:16 AM

Well, see if you put the files in the right places and created the right folders.

�First, create the main folder, it should be the title. I'm pretty sure it should all be in caps with the spaces all underscored.

�Second, make sure there are TWO folders inside your main folder. One is the VIDEO_TS folder with the files in it and the other is the AUDIO_TS with nothing inside of it.

Try it now. Hope that helps.
World of Warcraft (Whisperwind - Alliance) <The Eternal Spiral>
Go Dogcows!

tr
Mac Elite
Aug 16, 2003, 01:57 AM

Originally posted by Jansar:
Well, see if you put the files in the right places and created the right folders.

�First, create the main folder, it should be the title. I'm pretty sure it should all be in caps with the spaces all underscored.

�Second, make sure there are TWO folders inside your main folder. One is the VIDEO_TS folder with the files in it and the other is the AUDIO_TS with nothing inside of it.

Try it now. Hope that helps.
the AUDIO_TS folder isn't really neccessary, i never put them in and the DVD's work fine. i think there may be something wrong with your rip. so i'm guessing you ripped all the files from the DVD into a VIDEO_TS folder. make sure you can play that folder in DVD player app.

in DVD2OneX, i've never seen that error. whenever picking a VIDEO_TS folder and doing a diskcopy, it always says "all files are copied in full diskcopy", same with subtitles/audio drawer. what version are you using, v1.1.0?

tr

bbt
Forum Regular
Aug 18, 2003, 02:44 PM

i realize that you are in the UK but in the US i bought these

Ritek Ridata G03 4.7GB DVD-R media. Available in 50, 100, 200 & 500 pack

from http://www.supermediastore.com/ritekdvdrblankmedia.html

and with my OEM Pioneer DVR-104/A04 the media is rated for 1X but will burn reliably at 2X with 1.31 Firmware

i use dvdshrink (a freeware for pcs) to decrypt and compress the dvd-9 format to dvd-5 format for dvd-r general discs

i then use imgtool (also pc freeware) to burn the dvd files

the imgtool uses the nero burn engine

all this is pretty easy to do

Forum Links
Forum Rules