Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > TiBook 667 operation with lid closed?

TiBook 667 operation with lid closed?
muchfresh
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 26, 2003, 12:15 PM

I can't get it to work. I was told that it would work if I plugged something into the USB port. No Dice. Help.
'Satisfy the urge and discover the need' Q-Tip

sebaz
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 26, 2003, 12:38 PM

u need to plug a usb keyboard, a mouse, a monitor, then plug it to the wall, and hit any key on the keyboard and you are set

muchfresh  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 26, 2003, 12:52 PM

Plug it to the wall??

I have a external monitor and a usb, keyboard and mouse all work with lid open. I close the lid it goes to sleep. keyboard and mouse clicks fail to wake it up.

Macola
Mac Elite
Aug 26, 2003, 01:23 PM

Try this. Shut down the PB. Keep the external keyboard and mouse connected, then power up the PB with the lid open (using the power button), then quickly close the lid. My TiBook 400 was fussy about going into clamshell mode from sleep too.
I do not like those green links and spam.
I do not like them, Sam I am.

version
Mac Elite
Aug 26, 2003, 02:07 PM

Originally posted by Macola:
Try this. Shut down the PB. Keep the external keyboard and mouse connected, then power up the PB with the lid open (using the power button), then quickly close the lid. My TiBook 400 was fussy about going into clamshell mode from sleep too.
That works, I rebooted the PB and just closed the lid and it worked fine.

Will the heat from the Pb damage the screen though, while in the clamshell mode?
A Jew with a view.

Macola
Mac Elite
Aug 26, 2003, 09:42 PM

Originally posted by version:
Will the heat from the Pb damage the screen though, while in the clamshell mode?
That's an ongoing debate. I use my super-hot 12" AlBook in clamshell mode and for that model, I think it may be a concern. My TiBook ran much cooler.

In any case, if you're concerned about it, just open up the lid a little after it's in clamshell mode, and that will help the heat dissipate.
I do not like those green links and spam.
I do not like them, Sam I am.

version
Mac Elite
Aug 27, 2003, 04:42 AM

Originally posted by Macola:
That's an ongoing debate. I use my super-hot 12" AlBook in clamshell mode and for that model, I think it may be a concern. My TiBook ran much cooler.

In any case, if you're concerned about it, just open up the lid a little after it's in clamshell mode, and that will help the heat dissipate.
Cheers, I did that and it seems to stay in clamshell mode once the lid has been opened.

One really nice surprise out of all this, is that I just discovered that my Pismo can display 280x1024 in millions of colours, fantastic, before when I had the 2 displays on, I could only get that rez. in thousands.
A Jew with a view.

muchfresh  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 27, 2003, 09:17 AM

No dice

keyboard, mouse and monitor all plugged in and working. Shutdown computer, use power button then quickly close lid. uses external monitor for boot up sequence. once bootup sequence is finished and before login the computer goes to sleep. Any other ideas

TiBook 667Mhz with OSX 10.2.6

Musti
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 28, 2003, 10:58 PM

Originally posted by muchfresh:
No dice

keyboard, mouse and monitor all plugged in and working. Shutdown computer, use power button then quickly close lid. uses external monitor for boot up sequence. once bootup sequence is finished and before login the computer goes to sleep. Any other ideas

TiBook 667Mhz with OSX 10.2.6
A sidenote: any USB mouse OR keyboard will do, not a mouse AND a keyboard.

Forum Links
Forum Rules