Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iTMS for Canadians Today

iTMS for Canadians Today
Horsepoo!!!
Banned
Oct 16, 2003, 05:51 AM

Rumors are flyin'. Mentions of iTMS for Canada have been heard on TV and some guy claims that an canadian Apple rep said iTMS for Canadians was coming today.

Take this with a grain of salt...but I can't even imagine this not being true. I'm surprised it even took that long.

Other than the fact that we're 10 times smaller in population than the US, we're more alike in terms of economy, music business and music taste than any other country.

Amorya
Mac Elite
Oct 16, 2003, 06:12 AM

Originally posted by Horsepoo!!!:
Other than the fact that we're 10 times smaller in population than the US, we're more alike in terms of economy, music business and music taste than any other country.
I dunno... with the amount of sucking up Tony Blair's been doing lately, I reckon we're coming close

Amorya
What the nerd community most often fail to realize is that all features aren't equal. A well implemented and well integrated feature in a convenient interface is worth way more than the same feature implemented crappy, or accessed through a annoying interface.

JLL
Professional Poster
Oct 16, 2003, 06:13 AM

What does that have to do with iTMS?
JLL

- My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.

Eug
Clinically Insane
Oct 16, 2003, 08:47 AM

I'm surprised it even took that long.

Music and movies in Canada are distributed by different companies than in the US often times.

Horsepoo!!!  (op)
Banned
Oct 16, 2003, 03:31 PM

What's taking Apple so long. Or are Canadian music labels the laggards?

xtal
Senior User
Oct 16, 2003, 04:42 PM

What's taking Apple so long. Or are Canadian music labels the laggards?
I hear you.

To choose doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation.

Cadaver
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 16, 2003, 07:40 PM

I guarantee it's not Apple's fault, but the companies that own the distribution rights in Canada. Same issues for the iTMS for Europe (only more so, with multiple different countries laws).

Forum Links
Forum Rules