Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > 14 inch or 12 inch G4 ibook

14 inch or 12 inch G4 ibook
drloomis
Oct 22, 2003, 02:04 PM

For 14inch owers... it seems like it would be nice to have the extra space... but I know the resoltuion doesn't change and some people say that is less space...

but 2 inches, does give you a bigger overall look, the pieces fall at the same place, but it will look bigger on the 14 inch.

which one?

I oculd go to the apple soho store in nyc right now and buy the 12inch....

I'm worried about the heat issue. I assume it would be the same or better than the current powerbook 12 rev b... but you never know.

It's plastic, not AL, so that should help, right?

Do you think the screens will be brighter?

Now I'm worried, like with all my laptop or lcd purchases, that I will get a dead pixel and it will bother the **** out of me.
--------------------
I shot him six times!

Mallrat
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 22, 2003, 09:44 PM

Originally posted by drloomis:
For 14inch owers... it seems like it would be nice to have the extra space... but I know the resoltuion doesn't change and some people say that is less space...

but 2 inches, does give you a bigger overall look, the pieces fall at the same place, but it will look bigger on the 14 inch.

which one?

I oculd go to the apple soho store in nyc right now and buy the 12inch....

I'm worried about the heat issue. I assume it would be the same or better than the current powerbook 12 rev b... but you never know.

It's plastic, not AL, so that should help, right?

Do you think the screens will be brighter?

Now I'm worried, like with all my laptop or lcd purchases, that I will get a dead pixel and it will bother the **** out of me.
I'm leaning towards the 14 inch for it's faster processor and I think the 2inchs matter. I know what you're thinking and yes I did mean that.

Scooterboy
Senior User
Oct 22, 2003, 10:44 PM

It's hard to decide but I always lean toward higher performance, then form factor within my price range. I do wish there was a 1 GHz 12" iBook G4 as I think I'd buy that today!
Scooters are more fun than computers and only slightly more frustrating

Forum Links
Forum Rules