Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Sent My 15 Al in for Sreen Repair

Sent My 15 Al in for Sreen Repair
Sirfishalot
Oct 31, 2003, 10:38 PM

Just shipped mine back to Apple today after sitting on it for a week trying to decide if I should wait till permanent fix is acknowleged.
Thought I better get on it because from what I understand, you only have 10 days after they send you a return box. (I did not purchase Applecare for this machine).
Well, lo and behold upon closer inspection, the whole lid on mine is screwed up!! There is a huge gap along the outer edges of the lid/screen and the bottom of the unit and it actually rocks from side to side if you put pressure on one of the corners.
Made sure the this went into my file. Man, I didn't even really notice that before.
I wondor if they will be able to fix that plus the white spots and the 2 dead pixels on the LCD. Actually, I think I'd rather have the unit replaced with a new one. We'll see.

beefstu01
Nov 1, 2003, 06:53 PM

Worry not. Apple replaced my whole top lid, LCD and all, but I'm still waiting for them to send the thing back. Seems like LCD's are the bottlenecks for repairs... Apple's had my PowerBook for a little over two weeks now.

blakej
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 1, 2003, 09:25 PM

Originally posted by beefstu01:
Worry not. Apple replaced my whole top lid, LCD and all, but I'm still waiting for them to send the thing back. Seems like LCD's are the bottlenecks for repairs... Apple's had my PowerBook for a little over two weeks now.
I experienced exactly the same two problems with mine. Sent it back Oct 12, still not back (Nov. 1), looks like we are in for a wait. We should have gotten a 17 in I guess.

Kahpoosta Kid
Forum Regular
Nov 2, 2003, 09:12 AM

This is my first post on the subject of the white blotches. Yesterday was the first time I was able to inspect my daughter's ALPB 15.
On her ALPB; there are more than a single blotch of faint white-4 to be exact. And a faint, white, blotch ring shape 3 or so inches in diameter, in the center of the display. And I don't really notice the problem once the desktop comes up. Is this what you are seeing?
Thanks.
"Sometimes you're the bug....Sometimes the windshield"

Forum Links
Forum Rules