Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > where best to buy Macally products in New York?

where best to buy Macally products in New York?
domymel
Nov 3, 2003, 06:31 AM

Hi together,
I will be travelling to NY at the end of the month (first time in NY ) and want to get some Macally products. Where is the best place to get them and where do they have a lot of chioce anyways? Does the Apple Soho store have them?
Thx for the advice.
Cheers,
Dom

fisherKing
Professional Poster
Nov 3, 2003, 11:14 AM

there's j&r in lower manhattan, tekserve on 23rd street

comp usa, of course (57th&8th ave)

when u get 2 ny, call 'em, see who has what u need in stock
"At first, there was Nothing. Then Nothing inverted itself and became Something.
And that is what you all are: inverted Nothings...with potential" (Sun Ra)

striker100
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 3, 2003, 11:28 AM

There's also a CompUSA on 5th & 38th St.
Just for fun check out the Apple Store in soho if you have a chance.

domymel  (op)
Nov 3, 2003, 11:56 AM

i will definitely check out soho- it is almost like a pilgrim tour for mac addicts

Seqiro
Nov 3, 2003, 02:07 PM

My wife used to work for Tekserve when she lived in Manhattan. I've met most everyone there including the owners and I can tell you that Tekserve is the number one place in NYC for Mac products and support. They are a great, great crew.

In fact, we live in Massachusetts now and we're still planning on going there to buy a new G5 for my wife and a 17" PB for me (the first Mac that will actually be my own!)

http://www.tekserve.com

(edited to add link)

Kenstee
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 3, 2003, 10:55 PM

Originally posted by Seqiro:
My wife used to work for Tekserve when she lived in Manhattan. I've met most everyone there including the owners and I can tell you that Tekserve is the number one place in NYC for Mac products and support. They are a great, great crew.

In fact, we live in Massachusetts now and we're still planning on going there to buy a new G5 for my wife and a 17" PB for me (the first Mac that will actually be my own!)

http://www.tekserve.com

(edited to add link)
Wow, going all the way to NYC to pay an extra 8.7% on your purchase for sales tax? Now that's loyalty! Hope you are having them ship you the machines out-of-state so you can save all that money.

BTW, check out powerbookcentral.com for some nice deals and packages from some other online retailers.

Seqiro
Nov 3, 2003, 11:42 PM

Actually, we sent for a quote on the two machines with all of the software, peripherals, and Applecare and they not only came out over $800 cheaper than the exact same order from the Apple Store online, but they will ship the whole order for $40 and won't charge tax out of state.

It really is a great store. Where else can you still get 10 cent glass bottles of coke from a machine?

Forum Links
Forum Rules