Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Panther with new PB in UK ?

Panther with new PB in UK ?
Harpoonface
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 1, 2003, 11:08 AM

hi there !
I got my 15" PB yesterday WITHOUT Panther I ordered it on 16th in Cardiff, through Apple Seller here.
Guy in store said i gotta get it sent from Apple and it will cost �13.99(cost of shipping). ON another note my Speakers have srious problems and are barely audible and I got 3 dead pixels.

WOPR
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 1, 2003, 07:02 PM

I think you should have got Panther. And LCDs are a lottery I'm afraid...

 iMac Core 2 Duo 17" 2ghz 3gb/250gb ||  iBook G4 12" 1.33ghz 1gb/40gb

CrackedButter
Forum Regular
Nov 2, 2003, 04:02 AM

See if you can get the screen repaired, it will depend on the arrangement of the pixels however.

OR gently massage the pixels with a cloth.

To do this, hold the back of the screen that is behind the pixels and get a cloth and gently just rub them, they could simply not be active. Rubbing them sometimes wakes them up. A few people i know have tried this and they quickly remove them afterwards.
"Absorb what is useful, discard what is not and add what is uniquely your own." - Bruce Lee

sheer
Forum Regular
Nov 2, 2003, 06:55 AM

I'm hoping my 12" combo PB comes with Panther, ordered 17/10, should be here Wednesday/Thursday this week.

WOPR
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 2, 2003, 07:56 AM

Crossed my fingers for you. My 12" 867 is back with Apple having it's screen ripple fixed.

sheer
Forum Regular
Nov 2, 2003, 01:06 PM

Originally posted by WOPR:
Crossed my fingers for you. My 12" 867 is back with Apple having it's screen ripple fixed.
unlucky

I was actually shipped an 867 by mistake but refused to accept it.

WOPR
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 2, 2003, 02:16 PM

I'm not too worred as it was a refurb and only �844 incl VAT!

all2ofme
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 2, 2003, 03:15 PM

I picked up a 12" in London yesterday (256/60/SD) and has them show me the screen before I walked away with it. The first one had a dead pixel so I had them get me another one. The second one was perfect. It came with Jaguar, though. I would rather have waited for one with Panther, but couldn't.

solitere
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 2, 2003, 06:24 PM

Originally posted by all2ofme:
I picked up a 12" in London yesterday (256/60/SD) and has them show me the screen before I walked away with it. The first one had a dead pixel so I had them get me another one. The second one was perfect. It came with Jaguar, though. I would rather have waited for one with Panther, but couldn't.

Can you please check what model of 2.5" 60 GB HD is installed your 12" Powerbook.
Model number ect.. check in "system profiler"

if anyone else knows what drive Apple is using in their 60 GB config please reply!
Thankz!

all2ofme
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 3, 2003, 12:04 PM

Mine's using Hitachi IC25N060ATMR04-0.

My 17" was using a Fujitsu. I've heard of others with Toshibas. I don't think it's something they decide and stick to. I'd be surprised if they used anything other than what's cheapest at the time.

Originally posted by solitere:
if anyone else knows what drive Apple is using in their 60 GB config please reply!
Thankz!

solitere
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 3, 2003, 02:05 PM

Originally posted by all2ofme:
I ordered a PB12" 512 mb/60 GB HD online from AppleStore 28 oktober and it was pickup up in Taiwan friday 31 oktober and will propably be delivered to me during this week before friday (i hope)?

But the sales support wouldn�t say or didn�t know if my PB was delivered with Panther or not.

Just wondering.... Have anyone got their PB 12" with Panther yet. I can�t seem to find any post that will confirm this?

(dammit It should be bundled or I will pirate it somewhere)

Forum Links
Forum Rules