Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Nice rack! So where'd ya get it?

Nice rack! So where'd ya get it?
JB72
Mac Elite
Nov 21, 2003, 07:41 PM

See that rack frame at the right of the picture? The one all the audio components are nicely stored in? It sorta looks like the style of the G5 maybe. Well, does anyone here know what brand that is, or where one could find something like that?

Thanks.

JB72  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 23, 2003, 02:01 AM

Nothing huh? Well maybe I'll have to write to them to find out.

Tim Kosch
Nov 23, 2003, 12:54 PM

It looks like one of the SKB cases (maybe 8U or 10U). I have an older 6U for my bass rig. I need to buy another for my hardware sampler (sampler, hard drives, cd-rom, etc.)

Here is a link for the latest rack-mount cases...

http://www.skbcases.com/product/pro_...skb19-10u.html

I have an Mbox right now with my dual G5 but am looking at upgrading to the 002R eventually.

Tim

Tim Kosch
Nov 23, 2003, 12:57 PM

You can buy them through any pro audio distributor. In Indiana I buy my stuff from Woodwind and Brasswind (if I want a good price) or Sweetwater (if I want good tech support).

I should also say that the actual outside of the box is black, not the aluminum/silver color of the edges.

Tim

Grrr
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 23, 2003, 01:36 PM

Cant see enough of it to see what it is.. Could be a regular SKB rack case, but they don't have anything in common with G5 casings. I have quite a few SKB cases to put my racked audio gear into.
The worst thing about having a failing memory is..... no, it's gone.

JB72  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 1, 2003, 12:48 AM

Coolio thanks guys. I'm looking at those SKB cases. I guess I imagined the the sides of the case would match the front (are you reading this hardware makers?) Still it'll prolly work great. It's just that it's not really a mobile thing at all. It'll be right there in on my table containing things like drives and my DV deck.

Forum Links
Forum Rules