Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Safari and the new "SprintPCS" site....

Safari and the new "SprintPCS" site....
gorickey
Posting Junkie
Nov 24, 2003, 10:49 AM

Is anybody else having troubles loading their SprntPCS "Manage/MY PCS" site? It takes like 5 minutes over a very fast T1 line to load the mangement page under their new design...it used to take only a few seconds to load the page.

Is this a Safari issue? Or yet another shun towards the Macintosh on Sprint's end??

keekeeree
Mac Elite
Location: Moved from Ohio's first capital to its current capital
Nov 24, 2003, 11:29 AM

This is what I'm getting now:

Note: This site was designed with Cascading Stylesheets for layout & design. You are seeing this note either because those Stylesheets didn't reach your machine or because you are using an outdated browser. You may only view the raw textual content of this site. In order to view, use, and enjoy this site to the fullest at the maximum security level, please visit our Browser Upgrade page to view a list of browsers that support web standards.
Safari is even in their list of acceptable web browsers. I've reported the bug to Apple.

kjb
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 24, 2003, 11:30 AM

Originally posted by gorickey:
Is anybody else having troubles loading their SprntPCS "Manage/MY PCS" site? It takes like 5 minutes over a very fast T1 line to load the mangement page under their new design...it used to take only a few seconds to load the page.

Is this a Safari issue? Or yet another shun towards the Macintosh on Sprint's end??
i agree w/ all of the above. i'm thinking it's a java thing, but i could be totally wrong. the site runs OK under IE, but horridly under safari.

sprint needs to get with the program. they really to support useful technologies like bluetooth rather than goofy camera phones.

kevin.

gorickey  (op)
Posting Junkie
Nov 24, 2003, 11:36 AM

Phew, glad I am not the only one...thanks for verifying, I appreciate that!

FWIW, the page loads instantly using the latest Windoze IE on XP (go figure)...

CheesePuff
Professional Poster
Nov 24, 2003, 12:29 PM

I now use Mozilla FireBird (the latest nightly build - quite nice) and it's fast as hell compared to what I had to wait for in Safari when loading SprintPCS.com and to log into my account.

gorickey  (op)
Posting Junkie
Nov 24, 2003, 12:37 PM

Originally posted by CheesePuff:
I now use Mozilla FireBird (the latest nightly build - quite nice) and it's fast as hell compared to what I had to wait for in Safari when loading SprintPCS.com and to log into my account.
Yes, so is IE for Mac....I think it's basically a Safari issue more then anything....

dillerX
Professional Poster
Nov 24, 2003, 06:56 PM

Same here. Safari botched the page quite nicely. They want my payment, they'll get that **** fixed.
I tried to sig-spam the forums.
ADVANTAGE Motorsports Marketing, Inc. • speedXdesign, Inc.

CMYKid
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 25, 2003, 04:53 PM

yeah, this has been fscked ever since they re-did it. For me tho the page has always lagged, even in IE and it still drags ass on a 2mb line so I'm needless to say not thrilled. Takes forever to log in for text messaging and such.

Moreover, I was told by one of the guys that did the site that they tested it especially in Safari, as well as Netscape, Firebird, Opera, etc. No explanation as to why it wont work other than that it's a CSS issue.

info here... http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/sho...ghlight=safari

gorickey  (op)
Posting Junkie
Nov 25, 2003, 05:45 PM

Originally posted by CMYKid:
yeah, this has been fscked ever since they re-did it. For me tho the page has always lagged, even in IE and it still drags ass on a 2mb line so I'm needless to say not thrilled. Takes forever to log in for text messaging and such.

Moreover, I was told by one of the guys that did the site that they tested it especially in Safari, as well as Netscape, Firebird, Opera, etc. No explanation as to why it wont work other than that it's a CSS issue.

info here... http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/sho...ghlight=safari
Well, they tested it with Safari 1.0 (v85.5) from Jaguar; however, not with Panther's new Webcore/Safari changes and v1.1.1....

CMYKid
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 25, 2003, 07:56 PM

yeah, I'm using 85.5 tho and STILL have the same problems...odd, that.

gorickey  (op)
Posting Junkie
Dec 13, 2003, 06:33 PM

http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/hyatt...12.html#004504

Way to go Dave....

P.S. Talk about really listening to feedback/e-mails...that's awesome!

Forum Links
Forum Rules