Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Shinobi for ShapeShifter

Shinobi for ShapeShifter
bOOzo
Addicted to Themes
Nov 29, 2003, 09:06 AM

Just thought I should mention it, because I had not heard about it. It's really cool now that he can use white text globally

I also gather from his news post that he is in the process of updating to his theme to guiKit and that DSX is the next one he will make.

http://www.desktopper.net/izawa/

daydreamer
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 29, 2003, 09:36 AM

sweet, with a dark desktop this theme is very usable for me, but it needs a safari skin, you cant read the url buttons and whats in the url bar...

MetalSnake
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 29, 2003, 11:34 AM

It�s still my favourite theme but now with the white font I can�t read anything in Mail�s activity window (white font on white background) I hope shapeshifter 1.1 will fix that

codywalton
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 29, 2003, 11:37 AM

Originally posted by MetalSnake:
It�s still my favourite theme but now with the white font I can�t read anything in Mail�s activity window (white font on white background) I hope shapeshifter 1.1 will fix that
ditto. Actually the previous Panther version of Shinobi (dlta) works great with SS, and doesn't screw up the fonts. I'm just sticking with that one for now.

Kujo
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 29, 2003, 12:20 PM

this theme needs a safari skin badly.

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Nov 29, 2003, 03:04 PM

It wouldn't be too hard to make a safari skin for it. SS all the way!
click one

quandarry
Nov 29, 2003, 03:09 PM

get ready for app crashes and inability to see url addresses.

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Nov 29, 2003, 03:13 PM

Originally posted by quandarry:
get ready for app crashes and inability to see url addresses.
How many time do we have to hear you bitch about SS? Everything you just said will be fixed in the next update to SS from what has been said about it.
click one

quandarry
Nov 29, 2003, 04:07 PM

Originally posted by NetworkShadow:
How many time do we have to hear you bitch about SS? Everything you just said will be fixed in the next update to SS from what has been said about it.
hmmm? i thought this was a discussion forum.

i have an idea...go back and read every post you made in the omega thread.

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Nov 29, 2003, 05:06 PM

hmmm? i thought this was a discussion forum.

i have an idea...go back and read every post you made in the omega thread.
quandarry:
I may have posted a lot in the Omega topic but it wasn't bitching about almost off topic things, and it wasn't posted in every topic that's about a Shape Shifter compatible theme! I'm just saying it's getting old hearing about the "problems" with SS in every topic on this forum! It's v1.0 for god sake! It's got many revisions to come, and it DOES do it's job well for a just out of beta peace of software. I feel my $20 were well spent.

Yes this is a discussion forum, but this topic isn't about Shape Shifters problems or how you don't want to pay $20 for it, this is a topic about Shinobi being updated.
-------

The system wide text color is great, it's finally making themes the way they should be. I'm working on a dark theme right now too, and it's really making the theme that much better since it can be darker too. Shinobi looks great without random black text in carbon apps.
One thing I do think needs to be fixed with SS is the text color of the menubar clock.
click one

quandarry
Nov 29, 2003, 05:24 PM

quandarry:
I may have posted a lot in the Omega topic but it wasn't bitching about almost off topic things, and it wasn't posted in every topic that's about a Shape Shifter compatible theme! I'm just saying it's getting old hearing about the "problems" with SS in every topic on this forum! It's v1.0 for god sake! It's got many revisions to come, and it DOES do it's job well for a just out of beta peace of software. I feel my $20 were well spent.

Yes this is a discussion forum, but this topic isn't about Shape Shifters problems or how you don't want to pay $20 for it, this is a topic about Shinobi being updated.
-------

The system wide text color is great, it's finally making themes the way they should be. I'm working on a dark theme right now too, and it's really making the theme that much better since it can be darker too. Shinobi looks great without random black text in carbon apps.
One thing I do think needs to be fixed with SS is the text color of the menubar clock.

don't you think i should let people know what may happen if they use shinobi with panther. i never said they were shapeshifter problems.
the problem with the crashing is probably due to layo and tdat changes in shinobi that may crash some apps in panther.
maybe you jumped on me with a little haste.

i too am looking forward to ss but only when it is ready for primetime.

i'm also looking forward to monolith and also changes in themechanger.

it's to bad development on metamorphx was stopped...i use it everyday with panther to change the extras rsrc many many times as i work on my 'kromex theme'.

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Nov 29, 2003, 05:33 PM

don't you think i should let people know what may happen if they use shinobi with panther. i never said they were shapeshifter problems.
the problem with the crashing is probably due to layo and tdat changes in shinobi that may crash some apps in panther.
maybe you jumped on me with a little haste.

i too am looking forward to ss but only when it is ready for primetime.

i'm also looking forward to monolith and also changes in themechanger.

it's to bad development on metamorphx was stopped...i use it everyday with panther to change the extras rsrc many many times as i work on my 'kromex theme'.
Granted that there are a few small problems with SS, but everyone should be aware of them already thanks to you. The SS developers are already working on v1.0.1 to fix the problems you noted.

Yes I may have jumped on you "with a little haste" but only because of all your other posts on this nature in about every other SS related topic.

As for monolith, we'll see. Shape Shifter is already out and the themers are already committed to it's format, that's good enough for me at this point.
click one

G0Ducks
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 29, 2003, 06:27 PM

Granted that there are a few small problems with SS, but everyone should be aware of them already thanks to you. The SS developers are already working on v1.0.1 to fix the problems you noted.

Yes I may have jumped on you "with a little haste" but only because of all your other posts on this nature in about every other SS related topic.

As for monolith, we'll see. Shape Shifter is already out and the themers are already committed to it's format, that's good enough for me at this point.
Thanks Dad.... Sheesh.
I am so tired of seeing people like this bitching about people making well warranted pressure for developers to fix their software. It's not like the guy is pooping on your religion or anything! He is a consumer with the right to go on about this program in any way he chooses. Unless you don't believe in a moving market where consumers are forced to use buggy stuff...

Hammer Cycle Star!

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Nov 29, 2003, 07:15 PM

Originally posted by G0Ducks:
Thanks Dad.... Sheesh.
I am so tired of seeing people like this bitching about people making well warranted pressure for developers to fix their software. It's not like the guy is pooping on your religion or anything! He is a consumer with the right to go on about this program in any way he chooses. Unless you don't believe in a moving market where consumers are forced to use buggy stuff...

Hammer Cycle Star!
Ah I knew you'd be jumping into this.

Yes feature requests are fine, there's also the matter of the limits of the software. The developers have made it clear that most problems would be fixed soon enough. It's just the unrelenting negative comments to spite the developers saying they'd be fixing this or that, and the fact that I've had a positive experience with SS, that's what gets to me.

You know what I'll drop it, I'm too over zealous about things like this and the argument isn't going anywhere.
click one

cSurfr
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 30, 2003, 12:44 AM

Quandarry, here's a link for you, in case you didn't read any of the other threads on Shinobi

http://izappy.web.infoseek.co.jp/index.htm

It has long since been updated for panther, and as of the 28th of November, the GuiKit version is out. Maybe before you run your mouth about problems you could check out the facts. I hate it when people on here chime in for no reason and don't even offer any relevant information. Anyway, I hope everyone enjoy's the new release of shinobi.

cs
-How pumped would you be driving home from work, knowing someplace in your house there's a monkey you're gonna battle?

quandarry
Nov 30, 2003, 01:02 AM

Originally posted by cSurfr:
Quandarry, here's a link for you, in case you didn't read any of the other threads on Shinobi

http://izappy.web.infoseek.co.jp/index.htm

It has long since been updated for panther, and as of the 28th of November, the GuiKit version is out. Maybe before you run your mouth about problems you could check out the facts. I hate it when people on here chime in for no reason and don't even offer any relevant information. Anyway, I hope everyone enjoy's the new release of shinobi.

cs
ah boy! i don't know why i bother.
it seems 90% of the peeps here are retarded somewhat or possibly kiddies...it befuddles me!

i wasn't running my mouth off. i tested it...some apps would not launch...returned to another theme and had no problem
this was my experience and i stand by what i said.

your results may differ.

cSurfr
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 30, 2003, 01:35 AM

ah boy! i don't know why i bother.
it seems 90% of the peeps here are retarded somewhat or possibly kiddies...it befuddles me!

i wasn't running my mouth off. i tested it...some apps would not launch...returned to another theme and had no problem
this was my experience and i stand by what i said.

your results may differ.

That's quite funny. I just installed the theme and didn't have any problem with programs not launching. Maybe you're mac doesn't like you. However, as with any theme or theme changing program there will be problems. Maybe you could let the program author fix the bugs instead of commenting on them every five minutes? Bringing up the SAME issues over and over and over is, as you say "possibly retarded". Maybe once you make it past the "kiddie" stage you'll realize this? I see that you have over 400 Posts. . . I wonder if 90% of those where actually useful to the community. . .
-How pumped would you be driving home from work, knowing someplace in your house there's a monkey you're gonna battle?

clam2000
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 30, 2003, 01:38 AM

the buttons in safari's address bar were really starting to annoy me, so I've made a partial skin to make them a bit nicer.

--will

quandarry
Nov 30, 2003, 01:49 AM

Originally posted by cSurfr:
That's quite funny. I just installed the theme and didn't have any problem with programs not launching. Maybe you're mac doesn't like you. However, as with any theme or theme changing program there will be problems. Maybe you could let the program author fix the bugs instead of commenting on them every five minutes? Bringing up the SAME issues over and over and over is, as you say "possibly retarded". Maybe once you make it past the "kiddie" stage you'll realize this? I see that you have over 400 Posts. . . I wonder if 90% of those where actually useful to the community. . .
hehe...nice try!

cSurfr
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 30, 2003, 01:52 AM

hehe...nice try!

I got you to log on just to respond, so I think I accomplished exactly what I wanted to

MorphOSX
Forum Regular
Nov 30, 2003, 04:41 PM

Kiddies... *sighs*

Okay, here's my two cents then I'm done.

Network Shadow: if the boy wants to spend time ranting, let 'em. free country and free speach and all that. You also have the right to block certain posters.

quandry: if you have problems with the software, *e-mail the developers*. As a beta tester for several companies, I can tell you that bugs are only ironed out if people bring them to the developer's attention in a polite manner. And, of course, this is a 1.0 release, as has been said. It's going to have bugs. If you have problems with themes, e-mail those developers. Not all developers hang out here day and night to read your posts, and they shouldn't have to. After you report a bug, rest assured that 9 times out of 10, the problem will be noted and researched for a future release. It does NO one any good to continually *repost* the problems, especially in threads that have nothing to do with issues pertaining to something completely different.

cSurfr: if quandry wants to whine, let 'em. Just don't read his posts. =)

javascript:smilie('')

Dave

quandarry
Nov 30, 2003, 05:15 PM

Originally posted by MorphOSX:
Kiddies... *sighs*

Okay, here's my two cents then I'm done.

Network Shadow: if the boy wants to spend time ranting, let 'em. free country and free speach and all that. You also have the right to block certain posters.

quandry: if you have problems with the software, *e-mail the developers*. As a beta tester for several companies, I can tell you that bugs are only ironed out if people bring them to the developer's attention in a polite manner. And, of course, this is a 1.0 release, as has been said. It's going to have bugs. If you have problems with themes, e-mail those developers. Not all developers hang out here day and night to read your posts, and they shouldn't have to. After you report a bug, rest assured that 9 times out of 10, the problem will be noted and researched for a future release. It does NO one any good to continually *repost* the problems, especially in threads that have nothing to do with issues pertaining to something completely different.

cSurfr: if quandry wants to whine, let 'em. Just don't read his posts. =)

javascript:smilie('')

Dave
i'm confused dave...i'm talking about shinobi and problems that may come up because of the tdats and layos when used in panther no matter if shapshifter is used or not and you're commenting on the problems of shapeshifter.

comprehension problem davey?

keep your 2 cents...and put it back in your piggybank.

MorphOSX
Forum Regular
Dec 1, 2003, 02:11 PM

Quandarry: then e-mail the developer about problems you have. I understood perfectly what you were talking about, but the point still stands: whining to us will not fix the problem, nor will it do any good to get the issue *Fixed*.

You'll notice I said "If you have problems with themes, e-mail those developers. Not all developers hang out here day and night to read your posts, and they shouldn't have to."

You sit there and you whine about how it doesn't work and potential problems (for the record, I installed Shinobi last night to try it out and every app works fine, save for a few issues which were SS problems that i've already mentioned to the developers), but that won't change anything in the long run. *report the problems to the people who CAN change it*.

As far as my piggybank, glad I don't have to have one. Working for a Macintosh-based printing firm as a computer systems manager, I get paid well enough that I can spare the two cents.

quandarry
Dec 2, 2003, 04:41 AM

Originally posted by MorphOSX:
Quandarry: then e-mail the developer about problems you have. I understood perfectly what you were talking about, but the point still stands: whining to us will not fix the problem, nor will it do any good to get the issue *Fixed*.

You'll notice I said "If you have problems with themes, e-mail those developers. Not all developers hang out here day and night to read your posts, and they shouldn't have to."

You sit there and you whine about how it doesn't work and potential problems (for the record, I installed Shinobi last night to try it out and every app works fine, save for a few issues which were SS problems that i've already mentioned to the developers), but that won't change anything in the long run. *report the problems to the people who CAN change it*.

As far as my piggybank, glad I don't have to have one. Working for a Macintosh-based printing firm as a computer systems manager, I get paid well enough that I can spare the two cents.
from the lounges unwritten rules:

4) Pretend that offline you are a winner, a conqueror, someone who makes things happen, etc.

Mac Guru
Mac Elite
Dec 2, 2003, 08:13 AM

free country and free speach and all that. You also have the right to block certain posters.
This is an international board, but that being said it's still a private organization with rules and regulations you agreed to abide by when you signed up. I hate to tell you guys, but the right to freedom of speech isn't as free as you think. You do have the right to ignore people though.

Mac Guru

Forum Links
Forum Rules