Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > I lost iDVD

I lost iDVD
Robe
Forum Regular
Dec 15, 2003, 07:01 AM

I posted this in the music and video forum and got no answers - maybe it is better put here.

I did a clean upgrade to Panther - and I lost iDVD! Does anyone know how to reinstall? I have my original disks.

AL 17" Rev A is the computer that I am using.

Thanks in advance

Robe

Diggory Laycock
Professional Poster
Dec 15, 2003, 07:57 AM

I did exactly the same thing - on exactly the same machine.

Get the "Software Restore" DVD (It's grey) put in in your mac - it has an option in the installer to just install iDVD.

Old Toad
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 16, 2003, 02:20 PM

There is an application, Pacifist, that can look into many of the install packages and extract individual applications or files. You can find it at VersionTracker. Give it a try on your installation disks. Otherwise you'll have to purchase the iLife disk to get iDVD 3.

hamiltondj
Forum Regular
Dec 16, 2003, 02:52 PM

Originally posted by Old Toad:
There is an application, Pacifist, that can look into many of the install packages and extract individual applications or files. You can find it at VersionTracker. Give it a try on your installation disks. Otherwise you'll have to purchase the iLife disk to get iDVD 3.
I dont think this will work. I'm pretty sure (but not positive) that iDVD is not on the panter install disks. The only way to get it back is either (1) via the software restore DVD that came with your computer or (2) via the iLife disks.

Just a quick note about the software restore disks: be sure to pay attention to the check boxes on which software you want to restore. Otherwise, you'll get iDVD but some of the other iLife packages may get downgraded. Also, if you own office be sure you don't install it from the software restore DVD - you'll loose your registered version to the free trial version.

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Dec 16, 2003, 06:46 PM

The DVD that came with the powerbook has an icon on it to restore apps. Just run that, it'll give you the option to just restore iDVD.

No "you have to buy iLife" nonsense.

tooki

Forum Links
Forum Rules