Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Pigtail for Airport card in G4

Pigtail for Airport card in G4
rocky2
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 12, 2004, 10:59 PM

A friend bought a S/H G4 recently and when she went to install an internal airport card discovered that the tiny connector on the end of the built-in antenna wire is missing. She can't buy the connector anywhere so does somebody know where a pigtail with the right connector can be bought as a substitute for the internal antenna?

neon_duke
Jan 13, 2004, 05:59 PM

I'm afraid there may be bad news for your friend. I don't think that part can be bought.

My G4/450 came with its pigtail missing that little connector. I later found it rattling around in the bottom of the case. I took it back to the store when I discovered it; a month or two before the warranty expired. They looked at it and said the slot/pigtail could not be obtained separately, and they would order a whole new case! They did so (under warranty), but the case never came and never came. In the meantime, the warranty expired and the store went belly up, so that little broken pigtail is still broken.

When I bought the PB17 I just chalked it up and bought an Eirport Extreme BS with modem, and connected it via Ethernet to the G4. Hey, it works.
www.gtplanet.net
www.neons.org

macgyvr64
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 13, 2004, 10:02 PM

I'm sure you can get the piece somewhere..maybe a place that sells antenna supplies. Or contact the manufacturer of the pieces... You'd probably need crimping tools, too..

Langdon
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 14, 2004, 03:00 AM

I might still have the whole antenna from a slot loading iMac. Send me a private message and I'll see what I can do.

Forum Links
Forum Rules