Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Apple iDisk failure

Apple iDisk failure
Parky
Mac Elite
Feb 6, 2004, 09:48 AM

It seems that Apple have a major problem with iDisk today (7th Feb 2004)

Although you can access your web pages stored on your iDisk via a browser, this is the only access at the moment.

It is not available via :-

Finder - can't access the remote iDisk and also can't set up the local sync process, fails with Error 12.

Can't access it via iPhoto, for photo publishing

Can't access it via Contribute 2 to edit my web sites.

Ian
Computers - Au MacBook 2.4Ghz, iMac 24" 2.8Ghz Core 2 Duo
iPods - 5GB original iPod, 4GB nano - Red, 1GB 2G shuffle - Silver, 4GB 3G Shuffle - Black, 16GB touch, 16GB nano Red, 16GB iPhone 3G.
OSX User Since Public Beta, current OS 10.6.1, iTS UK purchases - 5377 songs.... and growing!
My website - www.idparkinson.co.uk

trash80
Forum Regular
Feb 6, 2004, 10:12 AM

seems OK now, mind u i am at work so i am accessing my idisk via W2K (ugh)

gorickey
Posting Junkie
Feb 6, 2004, 10:27 AM

Working fine here...

Ghoser777
Professional Poster
Feb 6, 2004, 10:51 AM

I think they had a network hiccup for a little while. I was trying to connect from my windows box at work and it hung explorer. I tried a couple minutes later and it was slow but functional.

Matt Fahrenbacher

Parky  (op)
Mac Elite
Feb 6, 2004, 10:52 AM

Seems to be OK for me as well now.

What really get on your nerves is when the staus message says "All .Mac services are OK"
Computers - Au MacBook 2.4Ghz, iMac 24" 2.8Ghz Core 2 Duo
iPods - 5GB original iPod, 4GB nano - Red, 1GB 2G shuffle - Silver, 4GB 3G Shuffle - Black, 16GB touch, 16GB nano Red, 16GB iPhone 3G.
OSX User Since Public Beta, current OS 10.6.1, iTS UK purchases - 5377 songs.... and growing!
My website - www.idparkinson.co.uk

gorickey
Posting Junkie
Feb 6, 2004, 10:55 AM

Originally posted by Parky:
What really get on your nerves is when the staus message says "All .Mac services are OK"
Yeah, I don't think I've ever seen that change...

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 6, 2004, 01:44 PM

Accessing iDisk locked my finder up HARD on the 5th. Lost email on the 2nd. Errors copying files to iDisk in Finder the whole previous week. This is indeed getting old.

I'll probably ditch it after this year.

CV

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

gorickey
Posting Junkie
Feb 6, 2004, 01:46 PM

Originally posted by chris v:
Accessing iDisk locked my finder up HARD on the 5th. Lost email on the 2nd. Errors copying files to iDisk in Finder the whole previous week. This is indeed getting old.

I'll probably ditch it after this year.

CV
Ditch it for what service though?

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 6, 2004, 01:56 PM

Originally posted by gorickey:
Ditch it for what service though?
Regular old web hosting. I've got 50 email addresses through my business site, so I really don't need .mac that much any more. It's more per month that .mac, but I've got 500 mb web space, 50 emails, FTP users, site reports, 5 GB throughput, email aliases, etc. I've been keeping some of the personal stuff on .mac and usind my @mac.com email address for webmail, and as a back-up, but I just don't have to have it any more. Synching contacts/bookmarks between home/work has been handy, but I can do that with my iPod, too.

I'll miss drag and drop in the finder ever so slightly, but Transmit is such an easy and quick FTP program, it just won't be that big of a deal.
CV

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

gorickey
Posting Junkie
Feb 6, 2004, 02:03 PM

Originally posted by chris v:
Regular old web hosting. I've got 50 email addresses through my business site, so I really don't need .mac that much any more. It's more per month that .mac, but I've got 500 mb web space, 50 emails, FTP users, site reports, 5 GB throughput, email aliases, etc. I've been keeping some of the personal stuff on .mac and usind my @mac.com email address for webmail, and as a back-up, but I just don't have to have it any more. Synching contacts/bookmarks between home/work has been handy, but I can do that with my iPod, too.

I'll miss drag and drop in the finder ever so slightly, but Transmit is such an easy and quick FTP program, it just won't be that big of a deal.
CV
Yeah, that sounds like a good plan!

I've never been upset with my .Mac service thus far, as I understand it's going to have it's ups and downs. That's the life of servers.

With that said, I don't really "need" it either though.

Forum Links
Forum Rules