Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > DVD-R's with Labels in Superdrive

DVD-R's with Labels in Superdrive
GreenHat09
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 10, 2004, 06:39 PM

Just wondering. I am a PC user right now looking to switch to 15" Al Powerbook SuperDrive. I burn alot of DVD's and want to know: Will the Powerbook play media with labels on it? Or just use sharpie. I like the effect of the label, but if it won't play, I want to know now and stop. Well just wondering, thanks alot!

luxx78
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 10, 2004, 07:22 PM

yep, we just got a new 1.25 15" pb in at work a month or so ago and that was a specific question people here had when we started playing around with it. The aluminum pb has worked with labeled CDs flawlessly so far.

cc_foo
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 13, 2004, 04:59 AM

Works on mine.

But I think if you look online on the Apple knowledge base (or somewhere in the help file, or documentation etc), there is a note that CDs/DVDs with labels on them should not be inserted into the slot loading drive.

amazing
Professional Poster
Feb 13, 2004, 07:35 PM

Macintouch.com recently had a long thread on how labels on CDs and DVDs could cause them to delaminate. The consensus was to label optical media for longterm storage with markers rather than labels.

http://www.macintouch.com/cdrfailure3.html

Forum Links
Forum Rules