Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Invoicing and Home Financing Software

Invoicing and Home Financing Software
k_shehadeh
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 12, 2004, 12:39 PM

I'm looking for a good small business application that supports invoicing for MacOSX. Does anyone have any favorites or have an idea of where I can look?

Also, from what I've read Quicken for the Mac has problems. Does anyone have a suggestion for an alternate home finances app?

gorickey
Posting Junkie
Feb 12, 2004, 12:51 PM

See if anything here suits your fancy:

http://www.myob.com/us/

-Q-
Feb 12, 2004, 01:16 PM

There might be one or two.

I've used First Edge in the past and haven't loved it. It's a bit obtuse in how things are done. But I won't say it's bad, just that a graphically-oriented guy like me couldn't just jump right in and act all CFO-like.

I'm going to try the QuickBooks edition that came with my G5 and see how it performs this year...

jamerican
Feb 13, 2004, 10:44 AM

For invoicing, try BlueBox Invoices. Search for it on Versiontracker.com. Works like a charm in OSX 10.3.2.
2007 iMac 24" 2.4 Core2Duo (currently 1Gig Ram), 4 FW400 hd's, 1 FW 800 HD, Brother MFC420N,, Liteon DVD-RW, Epson R320.

chris.p
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 13, 2004, 06:00 PM

I own both Studiometry, and Studio Boss- and can recommend either. I owned SB first, but development went downhill for a whie, and switched to Studiometry- However, since then, the SB developer has picked up, and now both apps are pretty good. They are geared up very much for design (ie print specs, web hosting details for different projects) but I can see them being good for other things. The developer for Studiometry is very active on his forum, and is very good at building in functionality if you ask for it.

www.dennisbest.com
www.oranged.net

arrlin
Feb 14, 2004, 05:34 PM

For home finances try ibank. Nice app, but still not enough features to make me switch from quicken.
http://www.iggsoftware.com/ibank/

Forum Links
Forum Rules