Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Sex and the City

Sex and the City
sbjordal
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 23, 2004, 01:35 AM

Anyone else see the final episode? It was pretty good and brought everything to closure.
---
One XP Box, One Suse Box, One Blue & White,
One ibook, One iMac 17 FP, one 30 gig iPod and a mini
happy .mac customer, os9 free since 3/24/01

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 23, 2004, 01:48 AM

i happened to watch it, since i heard today that it was the final episode. after watching it i realized that i have missed a whole bunch of episodes. i had no idea what was going on. but hey, not the end of the world. if i ever want to, i can catch up a few on hbo on demand.

sbjordal  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 23, 2004, 02:02 AM

Originally posted by mdc:
i happened to watch it, since i heard today that it was the final episode. after watching it i realized that i have missed a whole bunch of episodes. i had no idea what was going on. but hey, not the end of the world. if i ever want to, i can catch up a few on hbo on demand.
sheeeet...my bill to timewarner is already $150 a month...no need for hbo on demand here..
---

cube-dude
Moderator Emeritus
Feb 23, 2004, 11:39 AM

For those who missed it, after reconciling with Mr. Big, Carrie traded her trusty PowerBook for a Dell. That was the major storyline. It was a real tearjerker.

MP 2 x 2.8 and etc.

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 23, 2004, 11:52 AM

I don't have HBO, so I have not seen the show. It is just another show that has run its course.

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill

graphicpush
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 23, 2004, 12:09 PM

I thought it was excellent. Closure to all four characters, and generally happy endings all around. I expect a reunion episode in no less than six months.

In the meantime, Sopranos starts in two weeks. Damn HBO and its insanely good programming!
Kevin
www.graphicpush.com

SeSawaya
Mac Elite
Feb 23, 2004, 12:19 PM

I was actually with the guy who plays piano for the show Mark Soskin (soundtrack) last night He missed it too!

Not enough Sex on the show IMHO.

Developer
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 23, 2004, 12:20 PM

So what's going to happen?
Nasrudin sat on a river bank when someone shouted to him from the opposite side: "Hey! how do I get across?" "You are across!" Nasrudin shouted back.

ryju
Professional Poster
Feb 23, 2004, 03:14 PM

I'm watching it tonight I have it taped and I'm refusing to read any of this thread incase there are possible spoilers. I'm so freakin' excited.

"Go get our girl" YES MR. BIG!

jonn804
Forum Regular
Feb 23, 2004, 03:18 PM

It was a great ending for a great show that has entertained me for 6 years. So glad to see that Mr. Big has a name... "John"

When SATC first came on, my friends would say "What the f*** are you watching?" No they enjoy it as much as I do.

jk

sbjordal  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 23, 2004, 06:57 PM

Originally posted by jonn804:
It was a great ending for a great show that has entertained me for 6 years. So glad to see that Mr. Big has a name... "John"

When SATC first came on, my friends would say "What the f*** are you watching?" No they enjoy it as much as I do.

jk
For some reason Mr. Big always came off as a "Chris" to me....I guess b/c of his real name...Chris Noth
---

sbjordal  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 23, 2004, 06:58 PM

Originally posted by graphicpush:
I thought it was excellent. Closure to all four characters, and generally happy endings all around. I expect a reunion episode in no less than six months.

In the meantime, Sopranos starts in two weeks. Damn HBO and its insanely good programming!

OH YEAH BABY. I watched all of Season 4 episodes last week....I am psyched and ready for more....this season will be dark, dark dark........
---

vmpaul
Professional Poster
Feb 23, 2004, 07:13 PM

I was a little disappointed in the last show. Too many 'Hallmark' moments for me. I like the edgier, sharp-edged humor the most. Of course, that shot of Samantha riding her bf in the last few minutes showed that they didn't get TOO soft on us. That made me laugh out loud.

Fun show. I'm gonna miss it. I heard that they're going to syndicate it for TBS. I have no idea how they're going to censor some of that stuff out to make it broadcast worthy for basic cable. That's the heart of the show.
The only thing that I am reasonably sure of is that anybody who's got an ideology has stopped thinking. - Arthur Miller

Fyre4ce
Mac Elite
Feb 23, 2004, 07:23 PM

I only watched the show a few times, on DVD over at a friend's house, but I enjoyed it. The last one I watched, one of the women (the cute one IMO) got married to an impotent guy and the episode was about his sexual dysfunction. What ever happened with that?
Fyre4ce

Let it burn.

Biggysteve
Forum Regular
Feb 23, 2004, 07:29 PM

Originally posted by Fyre4ce:
I only watched the show a few times, on DVD over at a friend's house, but I enjoyed it. The last one I watched, one of the women (the cute one IMO) got married to an impotent guy and the episode was about his sexual dysfunction. What ever happened with that?
He eventually got it up, she wanted a baby, he didn't, they divorced, she married her divorce lawyer. I'm a closet fan.

ryju
Professional Poster
Feb 23, 2004, 08:08 PM

OK I just watched it. Best episode ever hands down, I do agree that it lacked some dry humour, but it ended just how I wanted it to. I feel a little bad for Aleksander though, but he shouldn't have even moved his hand to slap Carrie.

Charlotte's the cute one btw married to Harry the divorce lawyer.

sniffer
Professional Poster
Feb 23, 2004, 08:16 PM

Is this the twilight zone?

Sniffer gone old-school sig

busket68
Banned
Feb 23, 2004, 08:45 PM

I have never seen this show, and I know I hate it. It's like 'Friends'. A stupid ****ing sitcom that gets a cult following and huge ratings... even though it's only about superficial stupid people who never actually work yet always have money, aren't faithful, and generally piss me off. Anyone who watches it needs a cactus up their ass.

- Ca$h

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Feb 23, 2004, 08:50 PM

oh, ****in' never mind

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Feb 23, 2004, 09:34 PM

Originally posted by busket68:
I have never seen this show, and I know I hate it. It's like 'Friends'. A stupid ****ing sitcom that gets a cult following and huge ratings... even though it's only about superficial stupid people who never actually work yet always have money, aren't faithful, and generally piss me off. Anyone who watches it needs a cactus up their ass.

- Ca$h

See kids: this is why we don't recommend getting married young. You take on the responsibilities of another person before you are capable of taking care of yourself. Career aspirations go down the toilet and the reality of being trapped sets in. Then bitterness ensues.
I'm not saying real life is like that for most people but it's more like that then not for people who are single and have a good disposable income. I wouldn't trade Sunday mornings at Dean & DeLuca for church services and the family breakfast deal at Perkins.

I didn't like the last episode. I could see if one or maybe two of them found closure but for all of them to get it was rather disappointing. I am also annoyed with HBO. I seem to remember this being a summer show for some reason. Mostly because I remember watching it when I was first in DC as an intern and the girls on Reservoir had us over to watch it. They have their seasons all over the place so I haven't watched Sopranos or this show regularly for ages because they don't have a predicable schedule.

Anyway, the only really clever part of the last show was that they revealed the guy's name at the end.

Barack Obama: Four more years of the Carter Presidency

vmpaul
Professional Poster
Feb 23, 2004, 09:52 PM

- Ca$h
LOL. What a classic old man rant. How could somebody so young be so grumpy already?

"And if you damn kids throw that ball near my porch again, I'll keep it. Ya'hear!"
The only thing that I am reasonably sure of is that anybody who's got an ideology has stopped thinking. - Arthur Miller

sniffer
Professional Poster
Feb 23, 2004, 10:05 PM

Funniest thread of the week, honestly (yes I did a LMAOROFL etc). I wouldn't use his words, but I kind of feel the same about it as ca$h. Oh well..

Sniffer gone old-school sig

busket68
Banned
Feb 24, 2004, 12:06 AM

Originally posted by Captain Obvious:
See kids: this is why we don't recommend getting married young.
Actually that was more of a 'classic' Ca$h rant, more along the lines of before I even met Kristin. I haven't done that in a while, but man did it feel good. Anyway, I'm happily married, and I'm not 'bitter', I just think all these stupid ****ing sitcoms that entrance the masses (sheep) and literally fill their brains with useless **** such as 'oh my god jimmy started dating sarah', and .... and things like American Idol.

It's TV shows like American Idol, Friends, Sex and the City, etc that make me be EMBARASSED to say I'm an American.

- Ca$h

vmpaul
Professional Poster
Feb 24, 2004, 12:42 AM

Actually that was more of a 'classic' Ca$h rant, more along the lines of before I even met Kristin. I haven't done that in a while, but man did it feel good. Anyway, I'm happily married, and I'm not 'bitter', I just think all these stupid ****ing sitcoms that entrance the masses (sheep) and literally fill their brains with useless **** such as 'oh my god jimmy started dating sarah', and .... and things like American Idol.

It's TV shows like American Idol, Friends, Sex and the City, etc that make me be EMBARASSED to say I'm an American.

- Ca$h
That's cool. I hate Friends and AI as well. FWIW, at least Sex in the City has gratuitous nudity so it can't be all bad.

Forum Links
Forum Rules