Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > Xcode Torrent

Xcode Torrent
nsxpower
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 16, 2004, 06:17 AM

With Apple servers being slowed down (because of 10.3.3 update) I have not been able to get Xcode 1.1 ... my estimate was 100+ hours and after 8 hours it only downloaded 4Mb (REALLY SLOW). So I just gave up (I really prefer single DMG over Segements volume that mounts on you desktop and slows down Finder everytime you access/click the copy window etc.). Anyways, does anybody know where I could find Xcode torrent or a quicker way to get Xcode?
My Blog & Photos
PowerBook (Ti) 1Ghz � 1Gb � 60Gb � SD

Dyeus
Mar 16, 2004, 09:37 AM

I have a related question , I have 3 original Panther cd's is there a chance Xcode is somewhere on the cd's? (I checked cd 3 but it had Asian fonts)

brutal
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 16, 2004, 09:54 AM

I found one some weeks ago, but it needs reseeding. The site where I found it is also dead btw.

Angus_D
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 16, 2004, 12:40 PM

Originally posted by Dyeus:
I have a related question , I have 3 original Panther cd's is there a chance Xcode is somewhere on the cd's? (I checked cd 3 but it had Asian fonts)
It was on the fourth CD. You know, the one marked Xcode Tools.

nsxpower  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 16, 2004, 12:41 PM

Heh, Apple's FTP timed out on me ... so I had to restart the whole process and only one segment of 28? downloaded I upgraded to 10.3.3 in between. Using a proper FTP client now to download segments (rather then having ADC mount their FTP server in the Finder for me ... perhaps I'll be more successful this time).

I use http://www.suprnova.org for my BT needs, but something happened to them over the weekend and the Mac section slimed down considerably.
My Blog & Photos

Dyeus
Mar 16, 2004, 01:01 PM

Originally posted by Angus_D:
It was on the fourth CD. You know, the one marked Xcode Tools.
I never got no 4th cd.... very strange

nsxpower  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 16, 2004, 05:11 PM

A little strange that you didn't get the 4th CD, but as we all know s*** happens

I would kill for it right now. Now I can't even connect to ADC ftp sites I am not sure whether they are used to serve OS updates, but it is very strange. Perhaps, my account was banned for some time after trying to download Xcode several times ... unsuccessfully, but they don't know that.

I dont' even need the whole Xcode, I could actually do without the whole install ... I just need the part that installs perl libs that I need to install DBI and DBD::MySQL. I want to install MT locally for testing purposes etc. Does anyone know whether same can be achived using Fink?
My Blog & Photos

faragbre967
Senior User
Mar 19, 2004, 08:50 PM

Is it just me or is everyone in here a pirate?

Dyeus
Mar 20, 2004, 09:46 AM

Originally posted by faragbre967:
Is it just me or is everyone in here a pirate?
I am no pirate.... I have only one woman, I dont kill, no wooden leg, nothing infront of my left eye and NO black flag on my car....

suthercd
Senior User
Mar 20, 2004, 12:45 PM

nsxpower-

You can get the DBI and DBd modules via CPAN. Check out www.cpan.org. Perl 5.8.1 in 10.3 is makes it a snap to grab the packages you need. You will neeed to work through the basic SPAN install to setup your configuration, but that is an alomst automatic processs for a standard perl install.

HTH
Craig

ohm^n
Mar 22, 2004, 08:34 PM

It's just you, no one is a pirate. The XCode Dev Tools are available from Apples ADC Servers.

File Sharing != Piracy.
File Sharing != Illegal.

Dyeus
Mar 23, 2004, 10:02 AM

Originally posted by ohm^n:
It's just you, no one is a pirate. The XCode Dev Tools are available from Apples ADC Servers.

File Sharing != Piracy.
File Sharing != Illegal.

if file sharing is illegal why did apple make it an option to do so in OS X?

Forum Links
Forum Rules