Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > iChat behaving strangely when skins applied

iChat behaving strangely when skins applied
Luca Rescigno
Professional Poster
Jun 13, 2004, 09:22 PM

This is kind of strange. For a while now, any theme that applies an appskin to iChat will eliminate the title bar text in all iChat windows, like this:

It happens to all the iChat windows, but it doesn't affect any other applications. It might have happened after the 10.3.4 update, but I am not sure. Anyone know what the problem is? BTW, yes, I am using the latest version of ShapeShifter, and I do have 10.3.4 installed.

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Jun 13, 2004, 09:27 PM

I've seen that before too, no big deal... I think it has something to do with the metal window bevel.
click one

smeger
Mac Elite
Jun 14, 2004, 12:30 AM

Themes that use oversized metal window bevels will do this. There's currently no way around it.
Geekspiff - generating spiffdiddlee software since before you began paying attention.

wibs
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 14, 2004, 01:10 AM

I actually did have it "fixed", and it was in a couple of the ProLCD betas, but I decided to get rid of the text. The fix was to make the bevel transparent and act as a light highlight overlaying the flat grey background. Because the text is under the bevel, the text would then show through. Unfortunately it didn't show through very well, and the same highlight was applied to the text as to the metal window.

Hm, I don't know if that made any sense or not. Basically it's possible to get the text, but it won't look very pretty. The only theme I've seen that uses this hack fix and doesn't look bad is Neos, but it's still noticable if you look for it.
DigitalRamen sucks.

Forum Links
Forum Rules