Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > good places to take classes

good places to take classes
Knof8
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 23, 2004, 02:14 AM

Alright, so I convinced a friend of mine to switch from her old Compaq to a new PB. She's had it for about 2 weeks now and claims she's ready to throw it out the window because she doesn't understand the OS X system. Here's my plea: Where are good places in, or around, the Pasadena, CA area to take beginner classes? Oh and if anyone's ever in Colorado and needs a good place Voelker Research in the Springs is a good one for beginner's to look in to. Thanks guys.

Krypton
Mac Elite
Jun 23, 2004, 02:41 PM

I can't imagine that there will be many places that hold Mac clases. Either send her to an Apple store, or take the time to explain things to her over an afternoon maybe - I prefer the latter option.

Algernnon
Forum Regular
Jun 23, 2004, 04:05 PM

I'm with stupid
---->

eyadams
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 23, 2004, 04:44 PM

The Apple Store is a good suggestion - there's one in Pasadena on Colorado Blvd. in the heart of Old Town, and another one just 10 miles east in the Glendale Galleria.

sbjordal
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 25, 2004, 02:34 AM

Originally posted by Knof8:
Alright, so I convinced a friend of mine to switch from her old Compaq to a new PB. She's had it for about 2 weeks now and claims she's ready to throw it out the window because she doesn't understand the OS X system. Here's my plea: Where are good places in, or around, the Pasadena, CA area to take beginner classes? Oh and if anyone's ever in Colorado and needs a good place Voelker Research in the Springs is a good one for beginner's to look in to. Thanks guys.
There is also
Apple Training

It's more hi end, but the classes are very good.
---
One XP Box, One Suse Box, One Blue & White,
One ibook, One iMac 17 FP, one 30 gig iPod and a mini
happy .mac customer, os9 free since 3/24/01

Forum Links
Forum Rules